Opportunity ID 11259
Degree Non Degree Program/CertificateResearch
Fields of study Verious Fields
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 4 to 6 Months
Language of Instruction English
Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) provides an outstanding international fellowship or research program for international women who have a master’s degree or higher and intend to conduct short-term research in Japan. The female fellows will spend 4-6 months in residence at a research institute or university in Japan.
The JAUW was launched in 1987 and aims to develop women’s and girls’ statuses, organize and promote lifelong education, equip the graduated women to significantly affect society, improve their higher educations, work on gender equality, and more.
For 2024, the JAUW accepts application forms outside of Japan and supports them financially to cover their living and traveling expenses with a specified payment. Eligible women are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2024
Program Date: October 2024 and March 2025
Fellowship Duration: 4-6 Months
Result Announcement: Middle of June 2024
Fellowship Location: Japan
Eligible Gender: Women
Required language: English
Benefits of the JAUW International Fellowship
The JAUW International Fellowship 2024 will provide the fellows with 500,000 to 1,000,000 Yen for each winner to cover living costs and transportation expenses.
To be eligible for the JAUW International Fellowship, applicants should fulfill these criteria:
- Applicant’s age must be under 45 Years as of March 31, 2024
- Applicants must not live in Japan at the time of Application.
- Must have obtained a master’sdegree or higher.
- Applicants must find an institution or a university in Japan where they plan to research.
- Applicants must leave some description of using this fellowship.
- Applicants must be aware that the program will not be extendable.
- Must answer some financial aid questionnaire.
Please prepare and submit the following documents by postal mail:
- Application Form 1 (PDF, Word)
- Application Form 2 (PDF, Word)
- Recommendation Letter from three referees
- Acceptance letter from Prospective Host Supervisor (PDF, Word)
- Health Certificate (PDF)
- You must organize your accommodations in Japan with the assistance of your host supervisor, and you must participate in the proposed study for which the fellowship is given.
- By the end of the financing period, you must submit a written summary report of your research in 500 to 700 words.
- You will be requested to give an oral presentation on your research report at a JAUW meeting toward the end of the grant period.
- It would be helpful if you recognized JAUW’s assistance when publishing research findings obtained through this initiative.
- If your initial timetable needs to be changed due to unanticipated or unavoidable circumstances, you must receive prior written consent from the JAUW President.
- Any significant delay in the official procedure may result in the cancellation of the fellowship, regardless of your fault.
How to Apply?
All applicants should fill out the form and submit it online by entering the link below:
For more info and details, please look at the JAUW Website.