Opportunity ID 10478
Degree Non Degree Program/CertificateResearch
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 40
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 12 months
Language of Instruction EnglishFrench
40 young researchers who want to conduct their research in France are welcome to apply to the seventh Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA) call for applications. MOPGA: Visiting Research Fellowship initiative is supported by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and is carried out by Campus France in association with the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research.
Researcher support will be provided by the MOPGA 2024 Visiting Fellowship Program for Young Researchers on the subjects included in the “Research Areas” section.
About Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA):
Since its 2018 launch, the Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA) program has attracted interest from a significant number of highly skilled students and academics.
In order to improve scientific contributions to climate change concerns raised by the COPs, France, a significant participant in the fight against climate change and a guarantor of the Paris Agreement, is introducing a new MOPGA visiting fellowship program.
Implemented by: Campus France
In collaboration with: French Ministry for Higher Education and Research
Funded by: French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs
Application Deadline: January 9, 2024
Result announcements: Late June 2024
Arrival & Fellowship Start Date: Between September 2024 and December 2024
Fellowship Period: 12-month
Fellowship Location: France
Number of Opporunity: 40
Description of Research Project
Research Project should meet the following criteria:
- The project should be in English of French Language
- Has a Research Project Title
- Include 6 Keywords
- Have an abstract of max. 2,000 characters
- Context & Motivation (max. 2,000 characters)
- Scientific Objectives (max. 2,000 characters)
- Methodology & Timeline (max. 4,500 characters)
- Project position in relation to the MOPGA scientific domain (max. 2,000 characters)
- Collaborations or/and impacts of the research project proposal on the applicant’s residence country (max. 2,000 characters)
Benefits of the MOPGA Visiting Research Fellowship
The MOPGA Visiting Research Fellowship will include the following benefits:
- Monthly stipend of 2,500 €
- Moving allowance of 500 €
- Social security coverage
- Health insurance support
There are five broad study themes that are eligible:
- Earth system sciences
- Climate change and sustainability
- Energy transition
- Societal challenges of environmental issues and Human,
- Animal and Environmental Health as part of a “One Health
Individuals who meet the following requirements are eligible to apply:
- Foreign scholars who have held a doctorate for less than 5 years (must have passed their thesis defence between January 2019 and January 2024)
- There are no nationality restrictions (except France)
- Applicants must not have French nationality
- Individuals who meet the following requirements are eligible to apply:
- Foreign researchers who have not resided in France between October 9th 2023 and January 9th 2024 (more than 90 days)
Please prepare and submit the following documents:
- CV in English, with a list of publications (4 pages max)
- PhD Degree (or certificate of PhD diploma)
- CV of your French host institution’s research supervisor (2 pages max)
- Letter of recommendation from the French host institution
- Recommendation letters (3 max)
- Passport or ID proof.
How to Apply for the MOPGA Visiting Research Fellowship?
All applciants can apply online though the link below.
The selection process will be divided into two phases in accordance with the goals and conditions of this call for applications.
- The applications will be evaluated in the first phase by scientific specialists in each relevant discipline.
- An international committee in the second phase will select the 40 final fellows for the MOPGA 2024 program
For further information about MOPGA Visiting Research Fellowship, please visit the program’s website.