Opportunity ID 9887
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 5
Fields of study Sustainibility, Envoirnment
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Applications are now open for the 2023 Human Rights Prize of the French Republic – Liberty Equality Fraternity. This Prize recognizes and supports the completion of individual or collective projects in the field of human rights, whether in France or abroad. Regardless of nationality or borders, winners will receive a grant plus more benefits to promote and protect human rights anywhere in the world.
This year’s Prize theme will be “Defending the environment and water access.”
Priority goes to the projects, including a gender perspective or aimed at ensuring the access of disadvantaged or vulnerable people to their rights, focusing on fighting exclusion. Individuals and non-governmental organizations with one or more field projects aimed at the following topic can apply for the 2023 prize:
- Promoting environmental defenders’ works or ensuring their protection
- Promoting effective access to sanitation and quality drinking water
- They are monitoring water resources in the long term, with the ability to foster the distribution of usages in line with resources.
The French Republic established the Human Rights Prize of the French Republic in 1998 with financial support from the French government’s prime minister, and it was awarded by the National Consultative Commission on Human Rights.
Those interested in NGOs and individuals interested in creating their projects based on the human resources aspects and aiming to develop and implement their projects are most welcome to apply.
Application Deadline: 15 October 2023
Prize Awarding Date: 10 December 2023
Ceremony Location: Paris, France
Number of Prizes: 5 Prizes
Eligible Nationalities: All
Compensations and Prizes
The 2023 Human Rights Prize of the French Republic benefits includes the following items:
- 70,000 Euro for project implementation
- A medal and certificate of appreciation
- Special mention medal to five runners-up by the French ambassador in their country of origin.
- An invitation to Paris for the official ceremony
Check More Opportunities:
Who Can Apply?
Applicants meeting the following criteria can apply for the Human Rights Prize of the French Republic:
- Applications are open to all nationalities and both gender
- NGOs and individuals who are working for human rights protection are welcome to apply
Applicants should submit the following application documents:
- One letter of application signed and presented by the president or legal representative of the NGO or by the individual candidate
- Application form
- A presentation of the NGO, including statutes, operations, etcetera
- Bank details of the NGO or individual applicant plus postal address
How to Apply?
- Download the application form.
- Fill out the application form and submit it with other documents to email@example.com OR in hard copy to the following address:
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Address: Cécile RIOU-BATISTA, TSA 40 720, 20 avenue de Ségur, 75007 PARIS, France
Note: The application must only be in the French language.
For detailed information, please follow the Human Rights Prize of the French Republic website.
Check More Opportunities: