Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSNot Required
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 6 12 Months
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 144388
TWAS and the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India provide a postdoctoral fellowship for scholars from developing countries who are willing to conduct postdoctoral research in emerging areas of science and technology in available institutes and laboratories of CSIR in India. Interested and eligible applicants can apply for this great opportunity.
Deadline: 31 July July 2021
Awarding institution: TWAS
Host country: India
Level of study: Post-Ph.D.
Duration: nearly one year
- The fellowship includes monthly stipends that aim to cover living costs such as food, lodging and health insurance.
Fields of study:
- Agricultural sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological System and Organisms
- Medical and health sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering sciences
- Astronomy, space, and earth sciences
- Mathematical sciences
Eligible countries: all developing countries except India. Click here to download the list of eligible countries.
- By 31 December 2021, the maximum age of the applicant must be 45 years.
- Must be a citizen of a developing country (excluding India).
- Applicants must not have earned any visa for temporary or permanent residency of India or any other developed country.
- Must have obtained a PhD degree in science and technology.
- H/she must hold A research assignment in a developing country and have work regularly in there.
- Must hold an acceptance letter from the host institute that is dated in 2021.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Commitment letter of returning back to his/her home country.
- Must not perform other assignments during this fellowship.
- Must be responsible for his/her family member’s expenses.
- Letter of acceptance from the host institute.
- online application form.
- Health report
- Proof of language proficiency (if applicable)
You or your friends may also apply for:
- 2021 TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Young Scientists in Pakistan
- 2021 TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship Programme for Young Scientists in Pakistan
- TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship Programme for Scientists from Developing Countries
How to apply?
Applicants can only apply online to TWAS through the online portal. In addition, a copy of the online application form must be sent to CSIR via email.
- TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
E-mail: [email protected]
2. Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)
- • Dr (Mrs) ANURADHA MADHUKAR
Sr. Principal Scientist
International S&T Affairs Directorate (ISTAD)
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Anusandhan Bhavan, 2, Rafi Marg, New Delhi 110 001
Tel: +91-11-23316751; Fax: +91-11-23739041
E-mail: [email protected]
- Applicants can only apply for one program/institute in a given year but the dean of an institution who invites an external program can apply for another program.
- The fellowship result will be announced at the end of 2021 or early 2022.
- Applicants must receive their acceptance letter as soon as possible to include that in the application. For details on how to request a letter of acceptance, please visit the link below.
For further details and downloading the useful attachments, please visit the TWAS website.
Download list of eligible institutions.