Opportunity ID 1246
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 15000
Fields of study Various Fields
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction EnglishRussian
15000 Russian Government Scholarships is an excellent opportunity to apply! Outstanding international and Afghanistan students can benefit from this opportunity and apply from 1st September until the deadline on 1st November 2023.
Every year, the Government of Russia offers many scholarships for international students. For the academic year 2024/2025, 15000 scholarships are available for foreign applicants to pursue their bachelor, master, or doctoral degrees in Russia. It is an excellent opportunity for students pursuing higher education in Russian Federation.
Application Status: will open soon
Start of application: 1 September 2023
Application Deadline: 1 November 2023
Organizer: Ministry of Science and Education of the Russian Federation
Number of Opportunity: 15000
Degree Level: Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D.
Field of Study: Various fields
Benefits of Russian Government Scholarships
By applying for the Russian Government Scholarships, students will benefit from the following components:
- Free tuition throughout the study program
- Maintenance payment
- Dormitory accommodation (if available)
Note: Please remember that this scholarship program does not cover the following costs:
- Living costs
- Travel costs
- Voluntary health insurance costs
Requirements for Russian Government Scholarship
All applicants who apply to Russia Scholarships should meet the following general criteria:
- Hold any nationality other than Russia;
- Completed the previous studies for the desired degree program;
- Meet language criteria for the chosen study program;
- Be healthy;
- Meet any additional criteria set by the university
All candidates should prepare and submit the following necessary documents for the Russian Government Scholarships:
- Recent photograph;
- School certificate or transcripts for bachelor’s degree;
- University diploma and transcripts for a Master’s degree; applicants who are not graduated yet can provide a verification letter from their university;
- For Ph.D., master’s degree diploma and transcripts, thesis, and a list of publications are necessary;
- Consent statement for processing applicant’s data;
- Medical certificate;
- Passport within minimum 18 months expiry date from the arrival day in Russia; applicants can also provide a copy of their birth certificate;
- HIV absence certificate/booklet
- Olympiads or sports certificate (if available)
- Language proficiency certificate (if available)
- Letter of Recommendation (if available)
Note: Please submit a notarized Russian translation of documents other than Russian. Applicants should provide at least 80% school percentage for an undergraduate degree and over 70% for a master’s degree.
How to Apply for the Russian Government Scholarship?
To apply for the 2024-2025 Russian Government Scholarship, applicants should follow these steps:
- Create an account on the Education in Russia’s website;
- Then log in and fill out an online application form by indicating Personal Information (Full Name, Date of Birth, Country of Residence, Current Address, Email, and Contact Number);
- Level of current education;
- Upload all necessary documents in the relevant sections;
- Russian Language proficiency certificates and other languages;
- Choose the field of study and six desired universities from available universities in the list (In Moscow and St. Petersburg, applicants cannot select more than two universities in each city);
- Print and sign the application form and submit it;
- After submission, wait for interviews, tests, and examinations;
- Applicants with no Russian language proficiency necessary for the degree should enroll in a preparatory department. They should study Russian languages for one year;
- Wait for the result notification after two months.
The Russian House in Kabul has announced that registration for Russia Scholarships will soon be open. To apply, you must complete an application form, attach a photo, a scanned copy of your passport (which must be valid for at least one and a half years from the registration date on the website), and provide educational documents or proof of your educational background. Once completed, submit the form through the website and set the electronic request to “For RZU review.” The registration and enrollment process will be available until November 1, 2023 (01.11.2023). Please note that you should not use a Google (gmail) email address for registration, as it can cause technical issues during website coordination. Instead, use Russian email service addresses such as yandex.ru, rambler.ru, mail.ru, etc. In the first stage, there is no need to translate your passport and educational documents into Russian
Notes for those who want to apply for Russian Government Scholarships:
Please read all our guidelines and advice carefully before starting the registration process so that you can register without mistakes:
1- Be very careful in choosing the field, university, and city; changing the area, university, and town to scholarships is impossible after being selected.
Before submitting your application form, please review it carefully several times. Sometimes, mistakes are made in the application form, which may remove you from the process.
2- Don’t register with unknown persons, non-professionals, and suspicious companies by paying money because they bring you serious problems later.
3- Keep your email address and password that you used to register on the site very safe. If you forget it, it is impossible to recover it.
4- Information about the Russian Scholarships is published only through the Facebook page of the Russian House in Kabul.
5- Some candidates forget to check the “I need to learn the Russian language” section in the application form. Please check the field 28 during the pre-application form. If selected, it will be included in the scholarship of the mentioned student without direct Russian language training in the first semester of the university.
6- All scholarship applicants are respectfully requested not to apply without a valid passport or if the validity period of your passport is less than half a year at the time of registration. Don’t waste your time unnecessarily. The reviewers will not review your application without a valid form within one and a half years of expiry.
Check More Opportunities
For more details about the Russian Government Scholarship, please visit the Education in Russia Website.