Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 30
Fields of study Entrepreneurship
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 208787
WorldSkills and the HP Foundation are accepting applications for the 2023 Be Change Maker (BCM) – the global social entrepreneurship acceleration program. This program helps participants to accelerate their business idea and become a successful social entrepreneur.
Individual who are between 18 to 35 years old and have a business idea with the potential to bring positive result are eligible to apply for this opportunity. The projects should contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Be Change Maker is a skill training projects series available yearly to 30 teams of young skilled people. This program helps them explore their career potential as social entrepreneur. Additionally, participants will have access to high-quality learning content on HP LIFE, dedicated coaching, mentoring, and tools and technology for startup acceleration. Furthermore, they will have customized support and the opportunity to join a diverse international network of potential supporters and investors.
The participants should apply as teams of young people who are between 18 to 35 years old. They should complete or have completed general or vocational education and training. Each team leader should submit the application form to WorldSkills International and confirm each team member agree and fulfil the requirements.
Important Dates and Details
- Application Status: Open
- Application Deadline: 2 June 2023
- Teams Selected: 9 June 2023
- Programme Kick-Off: 12 June 2023
- Final Pitch: 25-28 September 2023
- Program Mode: Online
- Organizer: WorldSkills and the HP Foundation
- Gender: Male/Female
- Eligible Countries: All
Benefits of the Be Change Maker
Highlighted benefits of the Be Change Maker Program are as follows:
- Cash prize of EUR 1,000 for each of the top five teams.
- Further investment fund of EUR 2,000 cash award for each of the top three teams.
- No participation fees.
- This program helps them explore their career potential as social entrepreneur;
- Participants will have access to high-quality learning content on HP LIFE, dedicated coaching, mentoring, and tools and technology for startup acceleration.
- A customized support and the opportunity to join a diverse international network of potential supporters and investors.
- The finalist will pitch their social business ideas to live audience and judges in Dublin, Ireland.
- Access to 32 free online learning courses of the HP Foundation’s HP LIFE program.
Eligibility Criteria for Be Change Maker Program
This opportunity requires some particular criteria as follows:
- Be between 18 and 35 years old
- Should complete or have completed general or vocational education and training at the time of participation.
- Participate in the BCM alone or with a team of four participants.
- Assure that their participation in the BCM obeys any policies of their agencies, institutions, schools, corporations, or colleges.
Requirements of Ideas and Solutions
Participant’s works should meet the following requirements during the process and upon completion of ideation and creation of solutions:
- Applicants’ works should not be offensive, threatening, derogatory, defamatory, libellous, disparaging or contain any inappropriate, sexual, profane, indecent, tortuous, discriminatory, or slanderous contents in any way.
- Must not contain unlawful materials, content, and any elements or otherwise in contrary to all applicable federal, provincial, regional, and local laws
- Should be original, unpublished, and should not be owned by a third party or entity.
- Must not violate a third party’s privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights.
- In case of using third party copyrighted materials, the participants should demonstrate the permission of use to WorldSkills International.
Judging Criteria of Be Change Maker
The judging panel will evaluate the participants based on their team at the pitch competitions. The most important judging criteria include, but not limited to the followings:
- Relevance: Judges will consider how relevant is the solution to the chosen social issue?
- Innovation: What insight or innovation differentiates the submitted solution from other existing ones?
- Impact: How will the solution improve lives? How many people will benefit if successful and to what extent?
- Scalability: How easily it will be applicable nationally, locally, and globally?
- Feasibility: Is the solution well-developed and realistic plan to implement solution? Does it financially sound?
How to Apply?
All applicants should submit an online application by entering the link below.
- Make a team of maximum five people between 18 and 35 years old.
- Select a team leader as main contact person and responsible for application submission.
- Each member of team should create an account on HP LIFE to access free courses before submitting application.
- The team leader should assure that all members have created an account and should provide all email addresses used for the accounts in the online application form.
- Make one-minute introductory video of team members and share the social challenge in a one-minute video.
- Upload the video to YouTube as unlisted and provide the video link in the online application form.
- Finally, the team leader should enter the Apply Now tab below to fill out and submit application before 3 June.
- The judges panel will make final selection of the top 30 teams to join BeChangeMaker 2023.
- Then the judges will eliminate 15 teams after the first online pitch
- Finally, they will eliminate 10 teams after the second online pitch.
- WorldSkills International and the HP Foundation do not pay any cost for any activities initiated from the participants during and after their participation in the BCM.
For further information about the Be Change Maker Program, please visit the World Skill official website or read the Terms and Conditions.
Check More Opportunities:
AAJA-Asia’s N3ConU Mentorship Program In Singapore
ITLOS-Nippon Foundation Capacity Building Training Program on Dispute Settlement Under UNCLOS In Germany
UNESCO Clubs Worldwide Youth Multimedia Competition, USA
Jane M. Klasuman Women in Business Scholarship by Zonta International, USA