Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 9
Fields of study Sustainable Development
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
UNESCO Centre for Peace, the U.S. Federation of UNESCO Clubs, Centres and Associations (USFUCA), and the World Genesis Foundation call upon youth worldwide to participate in the Multimedia Contest 2023. The competition provides unmatched connectivity, putting the youth in one of the best positions to effect a much-needed change in the world.
UNESCO’s mission is to catalyze the optimism of the world youth to respond to an urgent problem and serve others on a good platform. This competition is an outstanding opportunity for youth to develop leadership skills, learn how the United Nations conducts itself, and meet youth worldwide.
- Organized By: UNESCO, USFUCA World Genesis Foundation and WhizJuniors
- Application Deadline: 31 March 2023
- Announcement of Winners: 30 May 2023
- Number of Finalists:Three (3) in each group
- Gender: Male/female
- Legibly Countries: All
- Competition Theme: We invite applicants to take action, share their voices, and be the change.
Eligibility for the UNESCO Clubs Worldwide Youth Multimedia Competition
The different age groups are eligible to submit an entry for the competition as follows:
- Juniors- age 10-14; Youth- age 15-19; and Young Adult – aged 20-24 (generally 10-24 years old applicants).
- Entrants should provide a 3-minute video, multimedia presentation, written essay (500-700 words), artwork, or any other manner which channels a particular passion for answering the prompt.
Prizes and Benefits of the Competition
- The three finalists in each group will receive an official plaque engraved with their name and certificate.
- The winners will receive an invitation to UNESCO’s Builders of the Universe Camp at Hood College, Maryland, USA. This invitation will include the following:
- A free scholarship for the camp
- Two-way transport to the airport (airfare not included).
- There will be a special ceremony for the finalists at the camp
- The top 9 winners will receive an invitation to participate in global events during the year.
- Opportunity for youth to build leadership skills,
- Learn how the United Nations conducts itself,
- Meet youth from around the world
- The USFUCA and UNESCO will publish the winners’ names on their websites.
- WhizJuniors will provide a one-year online subscription to participate in 125 plus tech courses, completely practical, solve MCQs, and submit projects for all the winners
- Zaka will sponsor all participants; they will have access to four (4) courses and a monthly zoom masterclass.
Check More Opportunities:
JUMPSTARTER Global Pitch Competition for Start-Ups (USD 1 Million Investment Fund)
IASBS Scholarships for Master and Ph.D. Students in Iran
DAAD Scholarship for SEPT MBA in Leipzig University of Germany
Jane M. Klasuman Women in Business Scholarship by Zonta International, USA
How to Apply for the UNESCO Clubs Worldwide Youth Multimedia Competition?
Applicants who wish to apply for the UNESCO Clubs Worldwide Youth Multimedia Competition 2023 should complete the submission form and upload all the submittable materials via the online application portal. Please follow the instructions below:
- Step A:Select one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Step B:Develop a project about the chosen SDG. This project should include writing out the following:
- What is the project, and why is it important?
- What are the project goals and objectives?
- Where will the participant implement the project? At school, church, community, or organization?
- What is the project time frame?
- Step C:Start the Project and collect evidence, including videos, pictures, documents, and anything necessary as results and the impact of the implemented project.
- Step D:Gather all collected materials and submit them to UNESCO. Applicants can create a Video, Presentation, or Essay with Images answering the above questions in step 2 with their results.
Important Notes: All entries should meet the following rules before submission:
- The project/ work should be relevant to the competition theme or
- It should be original and novel
- Fill out the application form entirely and accurately
- The essay should satisfy the following formatting criteria:
- 12-point Times New Roman
- The length should be 500-700 words in English in MLA format and images.
- Videos should be a maximum of 3 minutes in length.
- All essays and presentations with images should be in PDF format.
- Each applicant can submit only one entry.
- All applicants should agree to the terms and conditions of the contest.
Please refer to the official announcement link on UNESCO’s website for further information. In case of any questions, email [email protected] including “Youth Contest Question” in the subject line.