Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 3517
Youth Eyes On the Silk Roads is an international photo contest organized by UNESCO.
UNESCO offers this program for young people from different countries to encourage them in visual arts and make them familiar with the Silk Road region’s culture. Young photographers in two age categories will participate in the competition. The top 50 photo exhibitions will take place at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, France. To participate in this competition, young photographers are invited to submit their photographs that best express the shared heritage of the Silk Roads through the following themes.
Familiarity with the cultural heritage of Silk Road regions will consequently result in coordination and understanding of each culture.
Deadline to apply: 17 July 2022 , 23h59m59s, (GMT+1 h)
The 3rd edition of the competition focuses on the two parallel themes as follows:
- ‘Textiles and Clothing’
- ‘Intercultural Exchanges in the Time of Covid-19, including in the field of Textiles and Clothing’
- Faith and Spirituality
- Living together
Result announcement: mid-September 2022
- Finding devices and photography equipment
- Winning an award :
- First position: professional camera single-lens camera equipped with 18-55mm lens
- Second position: semi-professional camera
- Third position: standard model digital camera
- Mobile exhibition of 50 top photos in different cities across the silk road
Competition & eligibility:
Two age categories will participate and six winners will be selected from these two categories (each category 3)
- 14-17 years of age
- 18-25 years of age
- Each of the applicants can send maximum 20 photos in JPG, JPEG format and a minimum of 1500 pixel length
- all the submitted photos must have a clear description
- Photo content:
- photos must represent the theme “Reveal the Silk Roads” through ‘Faith and Spiritualities’, and ‘Living Together’ to introduce the “silk road”
- The photo must not be changed in effects, color and etc
- the photo must not have the data to introduce the photographer
- the photo must be original with high quality
- the applicant must ensure that S/he is the owner of the photo and have permission to send it.
- Each participant must have the license to use the photo sent
- The photos do not violate the rights of the third person or party or any other law
- the participant should give the right to the competition organizer to use, republish the photos worldwide
- The applicant gives the right to the organizer to use His/her name in ceremony, programs and advertisement related to the competition
- all the photos are published © Photographer name/UNESCO
Read other competition rules here
How to apply?
Applicants must send their taken photos via online application following the steps below:
- Read the terms and conditions of the competition carefully.
- Create an account on the competition website linked below
- Complete the application form in English and submit it.
The selection committee will select your photo if it qualifies as a winning photo.
WEBSITE: For more information please visit the official UNESCO Youth Eyes On the Silk Road Photo-competition