Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Various Fields
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 1155
Application is open for the Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program for the academic year of 2022-2023.
If you are nationals of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Tanzania, India, Syria, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Madagascar, Kenya, Mozambique, Egypt, Kyrgyzstan, Tanzania, Uganda seeking scholarships to study your master’s degree or Ph.D., in Canada, USA, France, and Portugal, you can apply to Aga Khan International Scholarship program.
Aga Khan International Scholarship program is awarded annually for students who do have not any other financial source to continue their study. The main purpose of this scholarship is to prepare scholars and leaders for employment.
Duration of scholarship: 2 years
Application Start: January 1, 2022
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Selection period: Late June – Early July
The Scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses
This Scholarship is provided 50% on grant and 50% on a loan basis. This Scholarship is awarded on a competitive application process. The 50% based on the loan must be reimbursed with an annual service charge of 5 percent. A guarantor is required to co-sign the loan agreement. You need to pay this check-in for five years. The payment starts six months after the study period funded by Aga Khan Foundation.
Requirement and Eligibility
You need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a national of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Tanzania, India, Syria, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Madagascar, Kenya, Mozambique, Egypt, Kyrgyzstan, Tanzania, Uganda
- Have no other financial source to start and pursue their education
- Be living in a country in which Aga Khan Foundation’s local offices are located there for applications and interview processing.
- Age: applicants under 30 years of age are preferred.
The scholars are selected based on the following criterion:
- Consistent Academic excellence
- Genuine financial need
- Get admitted to a reputable university or study program
- Fields of study are related to AKDN’s focus areas.
Your achievements, career plans, ability to be successful in a foreign academic environment and work experience can have an effect on your selection.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Aga Khan Foundations International Scholarship program, you need to receive the applications from AKF offices or Aga Khan Education Services / Boards in your country of current residence. After you completed the application form, you can return it to the office where you got the form.
If you are living in Afghanistan you can contact Aga Khan Foundation Office in the addresses below or contact them via email mentioned here.
Aga Khan Foundation (Afghanistan)
House No. 41, Street No. 2
PO Box 5753
Tel: (791) 981910
E-mail: [email protected]
Aga Khan Education Service, Afghanistan
House # 36/172
Etefaq Street, Borj Barq Bus Stop, Klola Pushta Ansari Watt
Opposite of Kabul Municipality Apartments
District 4, Kabul
Tel: +93(0) 799023677
Email: [email protected]
Selected applicants should prepare themselves for an interview performed by local scholarship committees. the main focus of the interview is on the applicants’ financial situation, academic performance, career plans, and extra-curricular achievements.
For More information please visit Aga Khan Foundation Website
- Fulbright Scholarship 2022-2024 for Afghanistan (Master Degree)
- Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Scholarships 2021-2022 (All Degrees)
- Asian Development Bank Scholarship at National University of Singapore (MBA)
- Nuffic Scholarships for Short Courses (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Toyohashi University of Technology MEXT Scholarship 2021
- Fortis Fellowship Program
- Yunus and Youth Fellowship program