Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction Romani
Opportunity ID 1381
Application is open for Romania government Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D. Scholarships for the academic year of 2021-22.
These scholarships are offered by the Romanian government Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of Education and Research (MER) for the applicants from non-European countries to pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate studies at Romania’s prestigious universities. These scholarships are offered on a file-based review by the two mentioned institutions of the Romanian state.
Details of Romania Scholarships
Awarding Organization: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and Ministry of Education and Research (MER)
Deadline: 30 April 2021
- Bachelor’s degree: 3-6 years based on the fields of study you apply, ending with a final exam.
- Master’s degree: 1.5 to 2 years ending with dissertation defense.
- Ph.D.: 3 – 5 years ending with a doctoral thesis.
Result announcement: July 15, 2021
Start of the University: October 1, 2021, is the university start date in general (but universities may enforce their own academic calendar)
Study levels: Bachelor’s, Master and PhD
Field of study: Different (you can find out more as you enquire about the diplomatic missions to which you submit your application).
Study language: Romanian language for (bachelor and master) and for Ph.D. (Romanian or any other foreign language decided upon by the Ph.D. school). Students who do not know Romanian languages will be offered a year-long preparatory program to learn the Romanian language.
Benefits of Romania Scholarships
The scholarship includes the following expenses:
- Tuition and registration fee exemption
- Free Accommodation
- Monthly allowance 65 Euros for undergraduate students, 75 Euros for 2nd round students (master degree and specialization) and 85 Euros for the doctorate degree
- Medical assistance in case of health emergencies
Note 1: Students must pay for their food and international travel expenses.
Note 2: the scholarship will be suspended if the student repeats a year of study due to poor results.
Students from any country of the world except (European Union countries) are eligible to apply for this scholarship considering the following criteria:
- Not hold citizenship of Romania;
- Applicants should not be a member of diplomatic corps in Romania or family members of the corps; family members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic corps;
- Not be previous Romanian scholarship recipients;
- Members of international organizations or family members of the employees of international organizations in the host country ar not eligible;
- Strictly meet the eligibility criteria, file submission methods, and enrolment dates;
- Receive a letter of acceptance from their university of choice;
- Have a high GPA and good scores at the previous levels with study documents issued by their educational institutions;
- Have completed high school or pre-university for bachelor’s degree;
- Should have obtained an undergraduate degree/equivalent for master’s level; and
- Have done a master’s degree or its comparable for the doctoral level.
Applicants should prepare the following documents to apply for Romania Scholarships:
- Application form of the scholarship in Romania and application for the issuance of letter of acceptance (completed in full).
- Official letter of acceptance issued by the diplomatic mission of Romania to the applicants in response to his/her application received.
- Notarized copies of graduation diplomas (high school/equivalent, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees for the intended program respectively, and their notarized translation into English/French/Romanian), if applicable.
- Copies of transcripts of the degrees completed and their notarized translation into English/French/Romanian), if applicable.
- Copy of birth certificate/its equivalent with a certified translation into English, French or Romanian.
- 1st three pages of the passport.
- CV in English or French in this format.
- A letter of interest for the Ph.D. programs.
You may like:
- 2021 Chinese Government Scholarships for International Students at UCAS
- Chinese Government Scholarship – Bilateral Program 2021 at Zhejiang University
- National Tsing Hua University Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD Scholarships in Taiwan
- Fulbright Scholarship 2022-2024 for Afghanistan (Master Degree)
How to apply to Romania Scholarships?
Eligible candidates can apply only via submitting their application packages (electronically or physically) through diplomatic missions before April 30, 2021. Exceptionally, application files may be submitted by candidates, in electronic or physical format (preferably in electronic format), also through the diplomatic mission of the state of citizenship recognized in Bucharest, Romania.
If the diplomatic mission involved accepts this way, it will provide a special email address to foreign missions accredited in Romania for this purpose). Furthermore, applicants are advised to ask the diplomatic mission where he/she aims to submit the application file about the conditions and dates of enrolment/ website of the MFA.
alternatively, Applicants can send their application to the diplomatic mission of Romania via Post (DHL).
Afghan Applicants should visit the Ministry of Higher Education along with their education and Identity documents before 28/12/1399.
Visit the Official Scholarship Link to find out more about the available scholarship and further details, especially successful applicants’ obligations, and conditions on their part, to better prepare your applications.
Click here to see the List of Accredited Romanian Universities Scholarship seekers can apply to.