Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Economics, Business And Management, Science And Technology And Other Development Related Fields
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 11750
Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship (ADB-JSP) is awarded at designated institutions (DIs) in the Asia and Pacific region especially the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) for studies in economics, business and management, science, and technology, and other development-related fields.
Institution: Asian Institute of Technology (AIT)
Duration: one-two years
Field of study:
- business and management,
- science and technology and
- other development-related fields
Deadline: 31 March 2022
Benefits of ADB Scholarship
This is a fully-funded scholarship program covering the following expense:
- Tuition fee
- Housing / Accommodation
- Subsistence Allowance
- Medical and Accident insurance
- Economy class round trip flight ticket
- Visa, airport taxes, luggage expenses
- Research Allowance
- Scholars are expected to have sufficient skills in language and computer to undertake their study program. However, in special cases where additional training is deemed necessary, expenditures incurred to improve language proficiency and computer literacy may be covered under the scholarship (actual costs).
The following are not covered by scholarship:
- expenses for the scholar family;
- extra-curricular courses or training;
- additional travel during the course of the study program;
- additional expenses related to supplementary educational materials,
- field trips, or
- participation in workshops, seminars, or
- internships while at the DI or
- purchase of educational equipment such as computers.
Who can apply to the Asian Development Bank Scholarships at AIT?
To be eligible for the ADB-JSP scholarship at AIT, You need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a national of borrowing member of Asian Development Bank
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with an excellent academic record.
- Possess a minimum of two years of full-time professional post-graduation working experience.
- Be proficient in oral and written English
- Be 35 years old or younger during the application. In exceptional cases, for programs that are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- Be healthy
- Concur to return to the country of citizenship after completing the master’s degree.
- Asian Development Bank Staffs, consultants, and their relatives
- AIT Staffs
- Applicants living or working outside their home country
- Applicants are already enrolled in graduate degree
- Applicants of undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
- Priority to Ranking, order of merit
- Work experience
- Female applicants will be given preference
- Applicants financial need
- Previous studies abroad
The Program encourages studies in line with core areas of ADB’s Strategy 2020, which address poverty reduction through infrastructure, environment, regional cooperation and integration, finance sector development, and education. Strategy 2020, ADB’s strategy,
- A 4 year Bachelor’s degree certificate and transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- English Proficiency document: TOEFL (computer-based: 213 or iTOEFL: 80), or IELTS: 6 (writing and overall) or equivalent
- Work certificate provided by the employer.
- Income statement. If married, please submit the spouse income statement; otherwise, the parent income statement
- ADB-JSP Information sheet.
How to apply for ADB Scholarship at AIT?
Applicants should request the information and application from the Asian Institute of Technology, apply for admission and submit the documents including application form, ADB-JSP Information Sheet form, latest income Tax return or certification of their annual salary/monthly salary to AIT.
- The application will be reviewed by AIT and will submit the ranked list of applicants to Asian Development Bank
- ADB will review and select the applicants based on their eligibility and criteria
- Successful candidates will be notified by AIT after approval by the Executive Director of Japan, ADB.
Other Opportunities you may like: