Opportunity ID 11750
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study economics, business and management, science and technology and other development-related fields
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 Years
Language of Instruction English
The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) provides opportunities for individuals from ADB borrowing member countries to pursue postgraduate studies in various fields at designated institutions (DIs) in the Asia-Pacific region.
This Program, hosted at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), aims to foster human resource development by offering scholarships in disciplines crucial for regional development.
Key Details and Dates
- Application Deadline: 31 March 2024
- Funding Type: Fully funded
- Host Institution: Asian Institute of Technology (AIT)
- Eligible Countries: ADB borrowing member countries
- Eligible Gender: Male/Female
- Target Group: Individuals with a Bachelor’s degree and professional working experience
- Field: Economics, business and management, science and technology, and other development-related fields
- Study Level: Postgraduate
- Funding Duration: Typically one to two years
- Host Country: Thailand
Benefits of the ADB-JSP Scholarship
Selected applicants will benefit from the following items:
- Tuition fees coverage
- Housing allowance
- Subsistence allowance, including housing allowance
- Student medical and accident insurance
- Books allowance
- Economy class air travel to and from the host country
- Miscellaneous travel-related expenses
- Thesis/Research allowance
- Language and computer skills training (if deemed necessary)
Please review these eligibility criteria before applying to the ADB-JSP Scholarship:
- Applicants should be national of an ADB borrowing member country
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with superior academic record
- At least two years of full-time professional working experience
- Proficiency in English communication skills
- Age limit: Not more than 35 years old (45 years old for specific programs)
- Good health and agreement to return to home country after studies
- Not employed at ADB or AIT
- Not enrolled in graduate degree programs or pursuing a second MA
- Not living or working in a country other than their home country
What is not eligible for funding?
- ADB-JSP does not provide support for applicants currently enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate programs, distance learning, short-term training, conferences, or seminars.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor thesis writing or research projects.
Please prepare these application documents in advance:
- Copy of Degree Certificate and Transcript of undergraduate degree program
- English proficiency score (IELTS-Academic: 6, TOEFL: 550)
- Work certificate from employer
- Income statement: If married (individual or family)
- ADB-JSP Information sheet
Following are the ADB-JSP Scholarship 2024 selection process and criteria:
- Applicants request information and application forms from AIT
- Complete application forms and required documentation submitted to AIT
- AIT screens and ranks applicants based on its criteria
- AIT submits ranked list to ADB for review and recommendation
- The Executive Director of Japan approves recommended awardees
- AIT informs all applicants of the selection outcome
- AIT arranges for the signing of the Acceptance of Scholarship Award by awardees
The following are the selection criteria for the ADB-JSP Scholarship:
- Priority goes to the ranking proposed by AIT.
- Candidates with less than two years of work experience will not be selected.
- Preference goes to women candidates.
- Preference for applicants with lesser financial capacity:
- Family income must not exceed USD 50,000 per year.
- Individual income must not exceed USD 25,000 per year.
- The Program generally does not support:
- Applicants who have previously studied abroad.
- Applicants pursuing a second MA.
- Candidates applying at a Designated Institute (DI) in their own country may not be selected.
- Consideration of diversification of nationality at both overall Program and DI levels
- Encouragement of studies aligned with ADB’s Strategy 2020, focusing on poverty reduction through infrastructure, environment, regional cooperation and integration, finance sector development, and education.
- For further details, refer to this LINK.
How to Apply for the ADB-JSP Scholarship?
Please follow these application procedure guidelines:
- Request information and application forms from AIT
- Indicate interest in the ADB-JSP Scholarship during application to AIT
- Submit completed application forms and required documentation to AIT
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation submission
- Await outcome notification from AIT
- Upon selection, proceed with arrangements for scholarship acceptance and commencement of studies.
Check More Scholarships: