Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 9
About Agha Khan Education Services (AKES):
Agha Khan Education Services (AKES), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN)- one of the largest private, not-for-profit, non-sectarian educational networks in the developing world to better the quality of life of the communities. AKES is now looking for hub coordinators for different provinces. Eligible applicants can tread the details below and apply, or they can inform their friends in this regard.
Position Title: Hub Coordinator
Job Locations and number breakdown:
Badakhshan (4), Balkh (1), Baghlan (2), Kunduz (1), Bamyan (1) and Kabul (1)
Employment Type: Full-time
Functional area: Management
Salary: As per AKES’A salary policy
Working experience: 5 years
Contract duration: Regular
Gender: Male and Female
Closing date: 8 March 2021
Vacancy numbers as per provinces:
- Badakhshan: VA-2021-013
- Baghlan: VA-2021-012
- Balkh: VA-2021-06
- Kunduz: VA-2021-07
- Bamyan: VA-2021-01
- Kabul: VA-2021-05
The Hub Coordinator (HC) is a Regional Senior Management Team (R-SMT) member of the AKES’ A based at the hub office/hub learning center. Under the direct observation of the Regional Manager, the HC manages AKES’A Education for Community Development (ECD) and education programs at the hub level.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Management and leadership (40%)
- Provide first-line management and leadership in the hub office through assisting the Regional Manager (RM) in planning and execution of programs at the hub level.
- Ensure program implementation as per AKES,A policies, program standards and yearly operational plans.
- Participate in and represent the Hub at Regional Management Meetings on regular basis and CO meetings/sessions on a need basis.
- Responsible for the proposal of the annual budget and monthly forecast for all centers under their supervision.
- Observe, inspect and report facilities structural & non-structural hazard(s), security threats and area changes.
- Collaborate with regional Facilities Management Department (FMD), Finance, HR, IT, Knowledge Management and Admin units on all facilities and operational initiatives and activities.
- Work towards financial sustainability of learning centers through optimizing fees collection and reducing operation costs.
- Work closely with community volunteers and professional staff in recognizing community needs.
- Develop and nurture a close working relationship with other AKDN agencies.
- Ensure protection of all AKES’A staff and students within the hub in accordance with safeguarding policy and guidelines.
- Act in a way reflecting AKESA’s commitment to the safeguarding of children, vulnerable adults, recipients, partners, visitors, community members and employees in line with AKES, A’s Safeguarding policy, Anti-Cyber Bullying Policy and Child Safeguarding Policy.
Program monitoring, supervision, and improvements (40%)
- Ensure that ECD and education officers/facilitators regularly visit program sites and deliver pedagogical support to teachers.
- Provide support to ECD and education officers/facilitators and ensure development and implementation of program improvement plans backed by site visit findings.
- In cooperation with program advisers, identify professional development needs of ECD, education teachers and ECD and education officers/facilitators.
- Enable community engagement through conducting relevant and appropriate community sensitization and mobilization campaigns and activities.
Data collection and reporting (10%)
- Submit monthly/quarterly/yearly reports to RM, Regional Departmental focal points, and CO program manager. Report Daily Situational Update to Regional FMD.
- Collect and share success stories with RM and/or CO program manager .
- Maintain a good filing system (both in soft and hard copies) in the hub office/hub learning center and share data with Knowledge Management Team.
Procurement and logistics (10%)
- Ensure preparation of Purchase Requests (PR) considering the programmatic and operational needs in the hub office/hub learning center and ensure its timely and effective implementation in close harmony with regional admin and finance officers.
- Ensure for proper asset and stock management and recourse utilization, travel planning and arrangement at hub level.
- Ensure materials and equipment are prepared effectively and efficiently drawing from best practices in markets.
- Deliver Safety, Security, Shakeout and other relevant orientation to staff and students.
- Ensure functionality and usability of facilities’ relevant items and equipment.
- Share changes in space allocation of workplace and classrooms with FMD.
- Be in charge all academic and operational program management within the respective hub.
- Responsible for developing Purchase Requests and its processing based on AKES’A Authority Matrix.
- Responsible for choosing substitutes for the staff on emergency leaves.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, education, the management or a relevant field.
- Experience in roles within the administration and financial fields.
- 5 years of program management and administration experience relating to the education sector or 5 years of community engagement and social mobilization experience.
- Sound computer skills (ICDL certification) and report writing skills in English and local languages;
- Exceptional team building and participatory management skills.
Similar vacancies at AKES:
- Admin Officer Position by (Agha Khan Education Services) in Kabul
- ‘Consultant Photographer’ Vacancy by AKES in Kabul
How to apply for the Hub Coordinator positions?
To apply, send your CV with a cover letter in one pdf file before the deadline to the email below. Please mention the position title and vacancy number as (per each province) stated above in the subject line of your email.
For example: [Hub Coordinator- Balkh- VA-2021-06]
Female candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply.
Submission Email: [email protected]