Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Various
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
The applications are currently open for the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) at the University of Tokyo for international students. This scholarship is a unique opportunity for international students to pursue their master’s degrees in Japan on a fully-funded scholarship program. You will study at the GSFS Department, University of Tokyo, one of the leading universities in the world.
The ADB-JSP scholarship is allocated to the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences (GSFS) department for a master’s degree at the University of Tokyo, where scholars will be guided by the faculty members and researchers to work on innovative projects. Meanwhile, the scholarship program is organized by ADB and funded by the government of Japan.
Application deadline: 10 December 2021
Host University: The University of Tokyo
Degree level: Postgraduate
Academic Year: 2022
Scholarship Type: Fully-funded
Area of Study:
- Natural & Environmental Studies
- Ocean Technology, Policy, and Environment
- Department of Environment Systems
- Human and Engineered Environmental Studies
- Socio-cultural Environmental Studies
- International Studies
- Graduate Program in Sustainability Science
The scholarship covers:
- Full tuition costs
- A monthly subsistence and housing stipend
- An allowance for books and instructional resources
- Medical insurance
- Travel costs
To be eligible for ADB-JSP 2022 master’s scholarship, candidates must meet the criteria below.
- Must be a national of an ABD member country.
- Necessarily have a bachelor’s or a degree comparable to that of the Tokyo University’s degree from an accredited university for a master’s program.
- Must possess at least two years of full-time work experience.
- Should be proficient in the English language and have strong communication skills in English.
- Be under the age of 35.
- Be in good health condition.
- Should be committed to returning to his/her home country after graduation.
How to apply for this scholarship?
Interested applicants should search for a supervisor (through the link in the application form) and prepare all the required documents described below and send your application materials by email before the deadline. The title of the email should be ” ADB Application_Name (applicant’s nam)”.
- your recommenders can sent their recommendation letters directly by email with the title: “ADB Recommendation Letter_NAme(applicant’s name).
- In addition, to sending your documents by email, you need to send them by post to be submitted to the university no later than January 7, 2022.
International Liaison Office
Graduate School of Frontier Sciences (GSFS), the University of Tokyo
Submission email: [email protected]
Room 120, Building of Environmental Studies
5-1-5 Kashiwa no ha, Kashiwa
Chiba 277-8563, Japan
Phone: +81 4 7136 4558
What documents do you need to prepare and submit?
Candidates have to download the application form and submit it with the following documents:
- Official academic transcript or verified photocopy from the previous institution attended
- Official diploma of graduation or attested photocopy from the previous university
- Two letters of recommendation
Note: You will need to find a supervisor for your chosen course at the university as well.
How will successful students be selected?
- After sending the application materials completely, the university reviews and verifies the qualifications of applicants. then, successful candidates from the review process may apply through the GSFS department for an ADB scholarship at the university.