Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Various
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 60960
The applications are currently open for the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarships Program(ADB-JSP) at the University of Tokyo for international students. This scholarship is a unique opportunity for international students to pursue their master’s degrees in Japan on a fully-funded scholarships program. You will study at the GSFS Department, University of Tokyo, one of the leading universities in the world.
The ADB-JSP scholarship is allocated to the graduate programs in sustainability science at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences (GSFS) at the University of Tokyo, where faculty members and researchers will guide scholars to work on innovative projects. Meanwhile, the scholarship program is organized by ADB and funded by the government of Japan.
Application deadline: 10 December 2022
Initial result announcement: Mid February
Host University: The University of Tokyo
Degree level: Postgraduate
Academic Year: 2023
Scholarship Type: Fully-funded
Area of Study:
- Natural & Environmental Studies
- Ocean Technology, Policy, and Environment
- Department of Environment Systems
- Human and Engineered Environmental Studies
- Socio-cultural Environmental Studies
- International Studies
- Graduate Program in Sustainability Science
The scholarship covers:
- Full tuition costs
- A monthly subsistence and housing stipend
- An allowance for books and instructional resources
- Medical insurance
- Travel costs
To be eligible for ADB-JSP 2023 master’s scholarship, candidates must meet the criteria below.
- Must be a national of an ABD member country.
- Be nominated by an appointed educational Institution (GSFS)
- Necessarily have a bachelor’s or a degree comparable to that of the Tokyo University’s degree from an accredited university for a master’s program.
- Must possess at least two years of relevant full-time work experience.
- Should be proficient in the English language and have strong communication skills in English.
- Be under the age of 35 (inclusive).
- Be in good health condition.
- Should be committed to returning to his/her home country after graduation. If you want to continue your doctoral degree, Scholarship for Afghanistan suggests you apply to MEXT Scholarships with Embassy recommendation instead of ADB Scholarship.
How to apply for this scholarship?
Interested applicants should follow the steps below in order to apply to ADB Scholarship:
- Search for a supervisor and find a suitable supervisor who wishes to supervise you during the graduation thesis (through the link in the application form) and
- Prepare all the required documents described below and submit them except the recommendation letter through the online application (google)form by selecting apply now button.
- Send your application materials by email before the deadline. The title of the email should be ” ADB Application_Name (applicant’s nam)”.
- Recommendation letters should be sent by recommenders directly by email with the title: “ADB Recommendation Letter_Name(applicant’s name) by the deadline.
- Then the faculty will check your documents and notify everyone in mid-FEbruary. Successful applicants need to apply and send the original of documents (except the recommendation letter) along with the supervisor selection and additional documents listed below no later than March 20, 2023.
International Liaison Office
Graduate School of Frontier Sciences (GSFS), the University of Tokyo
Submission email: [email protected]
International Liaison Office Graduate School of Frontier Sciences,
The University of Tokyo, Room 120, Building of Environmental Studies
5-1-5 Kashiwa no ha, Kashiwa
Chiba 277-8563, Japan
Phone: +81 4 7136 4558
What documents do you need to prepare and submit?
Candidates have to download the application form and submit it with the following documents:
- Official academic transcript or verified photocopy from the previous institution attended
- Official diploma of graduation or attested photocopy from the previous university
- Two letters of recommendation
- Completed information sheet
- copy of passport
- original certificate of employment and compensation with the company’s letterhead/logo and signed.
Note: You will need to find a supervisor for your chosen course at the university as well.
- Government of Ireland Master and PhD Scholarships
- (KAIST) Scholarships for Master’s and PhD Studies in South Korea 2023
- ADB Scholarship at the University of Hawaii in Manoa 2023
- University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarship 2022-2023
How will successful students be selected?
- After sending the application materials completely, the university reviews and verifies the qualifications of applicants. then, successful candidates from the review process may apply through the GSFS department for an ADB scholarship at the university.