Opportunity ID 3187
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 5 years
Language of Instruction English
The World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP)2023 (IFC Placement) is currently accepting applications. One World Bank Group Young Professionals Program now unites the respective Young Professionals Programs of the World Bank and IFC (WBG YPP). Applications for the new program are now being accepted on behalf of three institutions (the World Bank, IFC and MIGA). The WBG YPP will hire and train future leaders to collaborate successfully across institutions on joint WBG solutions to development challenges, building on the rich legacy of its predecessor programs.
World Bank Group YPP Details:
- Organization: World Bank Group (WBG)
- Contract duration: 5 years (renewable)
Applications are open June 15 – July 15 for all profiles and from August 15 – September 30 for IFC & MIGA profiles only.
At the beginning of a five-year employment agreement with the World Bank, IFC, or MIGA, there is a two-year leadership development program called the WBG YPP. Young Professionals (YPs) begin the program in Washington, DC, where they receive intensive on-the-job training as well as classroom instruction in which they learn the fundamentals of leadership and development operations across institutions and how to spot opportunities for collaborative impact.
Key features of the program include:
- Leadership Development
- Professional Experience
- Training on WBG Policies, Products and Operations
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Global Rotations across WBG
- Management-supported rotations and job placements
- Networking Events
- Mentoring opportunity by previous Young professionals and World Bank Group mentor
- Competitive salary based on the education and professional level
- Health, accident & life insurance
- Financial support
- Pension plan
Who can apply to YPP?
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should not be more than 32 years of age (born after October 1, 1990).
- Be a citizen of a member country of the World Bank Group.
- Hold a doctoral or Master’s degree
- Applicants should demonstrate proficiency in English.
- It is a plus but not required to be proficient in one or more than one of the following languages, such as Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish.
- Be professional in the fields of economics, engineering, social science, public health, education, urban planning, natural resources and etc. or related world bank, IFC, MIGA operations
- Candidates should have a minimum working experience of three years or continued study to Ph.D. level (for world bank) and 4+ years for IFC & MIGA
- Applicants should have leadership skills.
- The applicants should Show good managerial skills
- Candidates should be passionate for international development
- Be committed and passionate about international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Displaying excellent client engagement communication and team leadership.
- Academic Credentials (Diploma, Degree Completion Letter, Proof of Enrollment with Expected Graduation Date or Transcript)
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Academic or Professional Recommendations
Email requests for recommendations will be made during the eligibility screening phase.
- Application essay ( 750 words or 4,500 characters ):
- Why you are interested in the WBG YPP and in your preferred institution (IBRD, IFC or MIGA).
- Why you are the right person for the role
- How can the World Bank Group assist the country clients in achieving a green, resilient, and inclusive development given the current global landscape? Please mention, as it relates to your area of expertise, rebuilding on progress lost on the twin goals of the WBG over the previous few years.
How to apply?
Applicants who meet the requirements can apply online to World Bank Young Professional Program. It takes about 90 minutes to complete your application. Your application cannot be saved to continue later on the last day of the application.
Note: Duplicate applications will not be reviewed and will not increase your chances of selection.
The World Bank Group is closely observing the developments of COVID-19. YPP interviews will take place virtually in order to protect the security of the current and future employees, and they could include:
- Pre-recorded interview (on Hirevue)
- Live panel interview
- An assessment center, where applicants will be asked to participate in individual & group exercises
- Timed computer-based financial tests (IFC candidates)
Eligible applicants will be selected based on their:
- Professional expertise
- Leadership skill and experience
- Commitment, ethics
- Interview format
For more information about WBG Young Professionals Program, please visit the World Bank’s website.
You may also like these opportunities:
- American Philosophy Society’s Daland Fellowships in Clinical Investigation
- Free Online Course on ‘Stress Management-Techniques for Coping with Stress’ by Alison
- University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarship 2022-2023
- DAAD Scholarship for Master’s Program Infrastructure Planning (MIP) in Germany
- Getty/ACLS Postdoctoral Fellowships in HISTORY OF ART (New York, USA)