Opportunity ID 4116
WLD’s Needs- Based Scholarship is offered by Afghanistan Promote Program to help Afghan women acquire and enhances the skills necessary for having an important role in political and economic development of the country and increase their ability to be employed.
Details of scholarship:
Scholarship provides three months training program covering two hours/day in the following areas to develop their skills.
- Information and Computer Technology
- English language
- Office Management
- Healthcare Skills
- Provides the cost of the training for three months
Number of scholarships: 1500 for four rounds.
Who is eligible to receive this scholarship?
The applicants must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible for WLD’s Needs-based scholarship.
- Be Afghan female
- Residing in one the training locations
- Minimum education requirements is completion of grade 10
- Have high academic performance with proven commitment to academic benchmarks.
Required Documents for WLD Scholarships
- Birth Certificate or Tazkira
- Parent or guardian consent letter if the applicant is under age of 18
- Recommendation from school or university
- Grade transcript with average of above 70 percent
- Essay outlining the career goals and desires and how this scholarship will help him/her to achieve his/her goals (between 500-700 words)
This program has four round/cycles. Two of them has passed away. Two others’ applications deadline is as following:
- Third round deadline: October 1, 2018 Class period: November 2018 to January 2019
- Fourth round deadline: January 1, 2019 Class period: February 2019 to April 2019
The applicants can get the application form from the following offices in 5 provinces of Afghanistan mentioned above. Or download it from this website.
- Women Leadership Development Offices
- Provincial Offices of Afghan Women’s Educational Center (AWEC)
- Directorate of Women’s Affairs in provinces
The completed application form along with the required documents need to be submitted to the offices mentioned above or send via email to the submission email below.
Submission email: email@example.com
For more information please contact WLD via the following Communicating tools:
Phone number: 0728419626 | 0795538327 Email: Scholarships@promote-wld.com