Opportunity ID 151049
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 6 months
Language of Instruction English
Applications are open for The UNTBLDC -TWAS-ICGEB South-South Program for Exchanges and Collaborations for renowned scientists from lease developed countries. The program gives scholars from LDCs the opportunity to pay a visit to the ICGEB laboratories for the duration of 6 months maximum. The visit is aimed at providing the opportunity for the scholars to become familiar with the scientific process, including research project development and its successful completion, and how to teach, train and convey knowledge to younger students and academics.
UNTBLDC: United Nations Technology Bank for Least Developed Countries
TWAS: The World Academy of Sciences
ICGEB: International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
Details at a glance
Application deadline: 31 August 2021
Awarding institutions and partners: UNTBLDC, TWAS & ICGEB, UNESCO
Host country: Italy, Trieste
Duration of the visit: up to six months
The program provides the following benefits to the participants:
- UNTBLDC, through TWAS, covers the travel and subsistence costs during the stay at the host institution.
- ICGEB hosts the participants while providing laboratory amenities and research assistance for the fellows.
- Be maximum 45 years old on 31 December 2021;
- Hold a MSc, preferably a doctoral degree;
- Be residing and working in a research institute/university in the least Developed Country (LDC);
- Not be in receipt of any other assignment during the visit.
- Apply well in advance of the application deadline so as to be complete the prerequisites such as securing a letter of acceptance from a host supervisor;
- Women scientists are especially recommended to apply;
Proposals relevant to the following areas are welcome:
- Non-transmissible diseases (cardiovascular disorders; cancer; immunology; neurodegeneration; genetic disease);
- Human viral diseases (dengue, chikungunya, zika, tick-borne encephalitis viruses, Covid19);
- Biotherapeutics and Biosimilars;
- Plant biotechnology and microbiome studies;
- Computational Biology.
How to apply?
Applicants can apply online through the link below.
Applicants must provide the below documents in the application form:
- Scanned copy of passport, even invalid in terms of date (info page)
- CV, two pages (max.) including a list of their 6 major publications;
- a recent invitation letter from the ICGEB host Professor – on the host institution’s letterhead paper containing both sides agreement on the program’s terms and conditions;
- two letters of reference from senior scientists familiar with applicants’ work with the letterhead and signature;
- Copy of the MSc certificate;
- evidence of expertise in English;
- Statement of support from the Head/Director of the applicant’s home institution: it must confirm that the Head/Director is favorable to the application and that the applicant will be given leave to take up the cooperation visit in South Africa or India if awarded.
For more information about the program and to help you better prepare for the application, please visit the TWAS webpage.
Or, contact email@example.com regarding questions should you have any.