Opportunity ID 211860
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Fields of study Sustainability
Opportunity Type : Self Funded
Duration 2 Days
Language of Instruction EnglishFrench
The Third United Nations Trade Forum will occur 8-9 May 2023, Room XXVI, Palais des Nations, Geneva. The hosting body of the Forum is the UNCTAD-United Nations Conference on Trade and Development to take stock of the best-curated trade policies for addressing the world’s challenges.
Discussions will be on approaches to make trading systems more resilient, mainly in developing countries. Also, it will clarify the feasibility and effectiveness of a set of trade-related “high-impact initiatives” to respond to global challenges and expedite progress toward achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This Trade Forum comprised four plenary meetings on the following topics:
- South-South Trade Partnerships and the Potential of the universal system of trade preferences among developing countries (GSTP).
- Launch of Trade and Environment Review 2023.
- The contribution of competition and consumer protection policies to sustainable production and consumption patterns on SDG 12.
- Launch of a UNCTAD study on electronic commerce from a gender and development perspective.
This Trade Forum provides a platform for identifying frameworks for cooperation to contribute to the 2023 Sustainable Development Goals Summit that will occur on September 2023, the twenty-eighth session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 28) to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, in November 2023, and the Thirteenth Ministerial Conference of the World Trade Organization in early 2024. Additionally, the Forum will review the scene for the UNCTAD@60 celebrations in 2024.
Important Details and Dates
Registration Status: Open
Deadline for Submitting Credentials of Representatives: 3 May 2023
Hosting Body: United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Meeting Mode: In-Person and Remote Participation
Funding Type: Self-funded
Eligible Countries: All Member States of UNCTAD Countries
Requirements for United Nations Trade Forum
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the United Nations Trade Forum 2023:
- Be from a Member State of UNCTAD Countries
- Organizations should provide the credentials of their representatives and the names of their alternative representatives and advisers to the UNCTAD secretariat by 3 May 2023.
- The Forum is open to specialized agencies, intergovernmental bodies, non-governmental organizations in the general category, and those in the particular category, but all should inform the secretariat of the UNCTAD of the names of their representatives by 3 May 2023.
- For in-person attendance, participants should collect their badges from the United Nations Security Service before entering the Palais des Nations at Villa Les Feuillantines.
- The Security Service will be open from 8 a.m. to 4.45 p.m.
- Due to security measures, participants should arrive before 9 a.m. to complete entry procedures on time.
- All participants should carry a passport or similar national identity card with them.
- Taxis cannot enter the grounds of the Palais des Nations.
How to Apply for United Nations Trade Forum?
The registration procedure is online at United Nations Trade Forum. In case of communications concerns, please send a representation to the UNCTAD secretariat, Support Service and Intergovernmental Outreach, Palais des Nations, via email email@example.com, CH-1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland; fax: 41 22 917 02 14.
Please visit the official website of the Institute of UNCTAD for further details about the United Nations Trade Forum 2023.
Also, Check These Opportunities: