Opportunity ID 151322
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Peace
Opportunity Type : Self Funded
Duration 12 days
Language of Instruction English
The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) offers a unique summer school for applicants to situate their passions and career goals in the sustaining peace ecosystem. If you want to expand your professional and personal network this summer, She Leads for Peace Summer School Geneva is absolutely for you.
Applicants can spend two weeks exploring and developing their leadership skills. They also will gain insights and search pathways for entering the peace and security field.
The She Leads for Peace Summer School helps the participants understand that gender shapes opportunities, actions, and pathways for young people. The program’s primary aim is to help young women understand the peace and security field. By participating in the SheLeads4Peace Summer School, women will gain experiences, knowledge, and skills for leadership roles. The women will also be able to find their place in the area to encourage the next generation of women leaders who are globally oriented and locally committed.
Furthermore, the young women can share their experiences with guest speakers and fellow participants to create a community of belonging that will extend beyond the course. They will have the leveraging peer-to-peer learning opportunity and intergenerational dialogue space. The program will also encourage knowledge sharing in peacebuilding, career and personal development, well-being, and resilience.
Application deadline: 11 June 2023
Program Type: Course
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
School Dates: 31 Jul – 11 Aug 2023
Duration: 12 Days
Coarse Language: English
Delivery Mode: Face to Face
Price: $2,450, excluding airfare or visa costs and accommodation
Program Area: Peace-making, Conflict Prevention, and Peacekeeping
Targeted Audience: Young self-identifying women
Objectives of the Summer School Program
Through the overall objectives of the program, participants will be able to:
- Analyse being a young woman leader for peace
- Define their leadership style and put their passions on the broader peace and security field
- Create a personal action plan to advance individual leadership objectives
- Show unique insight into the sustaining peace ecosystem
- Make connections with other participants and guest speakers
Content and Structure
UNITAR’s, She Leads for Peace Summer School Geneva comprises two weeks of full-day experiential sessions. The program focuses on what it means to lead effectively for peace as young women, sustain a peace ecosystem, and get familiar with International Geneva. The course tracks are as follows:
- Track 1: Effective Leadership: Becoming the Next Generation of Leaders for Peace
- Track 2: Experience Sharing: Learning from Trailblazers
- Track 3: Tips, Tricks, and Navigating Early Career Hurdles
The course methodology is focused on the followings:
- Concentrate on each participant’s inner development and personal leadership journey, and help them recognize themselves as leaders. This Summer School is for self-realization and self-actualization to help participants make their desired outward contributions.
- Through experiential learning, the learners will engage in practical exercises to support their professional and personal growth.
How to Apply?
Applicants can apply online at the link below.
For more information about the program, please see the official website of the UNITAR.
Similar UNITAR Opportunities: