Opportunity ID 102764
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 30
Fields of study Multilateral Diplomacy
Opportunity Type : Self Funded
Duration 4 Weeks
Language of Instruction English
The United Nations Institute for Research and Training (UNITAR) is glad to offer an online 4-week United Nations Young Leaders Training Program. This program is mainly for the global youth and is open to all actors connected to international affairs desiring to take on leadership roles. Applicants can build up knowledge and skills related to the UN and International Geneva. Upon completing the program, all participants will receive an official UNITAR certificate.
The target applicants include high school students, university students, and other aspiring young leaders with similar backgrounds. Additionally, junior professionals working in the public or private sectors and young senior officials are welcome to apply for this opportunity.
The organizer selection committee will select applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. Ensuring the highest quality standards, UNITAR will close registrations after 30 participants.
The primary objective of the United Nations Young Leaders Training Program includes the following:
- The program aims at helping young individuals build up knowledge and skills to address global challenges and improve people’s lives.
- Provide participants the opportunity to gain direct experience with the United Nations and provide them with the valuable knowledge and skills to unleash their potential as global leaders fully.
Approximately 1.8 billion people are between the ages of 10-24 today, the world’s most prominent young population. So, with the ever-increasing interaction, young people increasingly contribute to generating solutions, driving social progress, and inspiring political initiatives. Moreover, the youth are representatives of change, mobilizing to improve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to better people’s lives and the planet’s health.
The Young Leaders Training Program offers the chance to gain first-hand experience with the United Nations. Also, the program provides the participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to fully unfold their potential as global leaders.
Important Details and Dates
- January Edition: 08 Jan 2024 – 02 Feb 2024
- April Edition: 22 April 2024 – 17 May 2024
- June Edition:17 June 2024 – 12 July 2024
- August Edition: 29 July 2024 – 23 August 2024
Program Type: Course
Number of Participants: 30
Delivery Type: Online
Location: Web-based with a subsequent field visit to Geneva.
Sponsored By: United Nations (UN)
Focus Area: Multilateral Diplomacy
Price: USD 750
Benefits of the United Nations Young Leaders Training Program
Successful applicants will benefit from the United Nations Young Leaders Training Program 2024 as follows:
- The training is created and facilitated by experts working at UN agencies.
- UNITAR staff assists in the organizational aspects of the course and is ready to cooperate with participants daily.
- Candidates will acquire unique experience with the UN and Geneva’s work.
- At the end of the program, attendants will receive a UNITAR Certificate of Completion.
Contents of the Program
The United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Program is a 4-week e-learning course implemented on UNITAR’s e-learning platform. The course requires 4-6 hours of studying per week, and its modules are as follows:
- The United Nations
- Conference Diplomacy
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Cosmopolitan Communication
The course includes weekly multimedia files, reading material, and discussion boards sharing views with fellow participants and UNITAR instructors. The e-learning modules will contain 1.5 hours of live webinars offered to participants by UN experts via Zoom and one 3.5-hour e-workshop per week. The Webinar topics are as follows:
- A – The United Nations System
- B – The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- C – Model United Nations (MUN) Training
- D – UN Career Development
Note: Please check the details of the program content here.
Who Can Apply for the United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Program?
All applicants who wish to apply for the United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Program can be from any of the following categories:
- The Young Leaders Training Program is open to all actors in international affairs wishing to take leadership roles in their respective environments and gain knowledge and skills connected to the UN and International Geneva.
- University, high school, and other ambitious young leaders of similar backgrounds can apply.
- Junior professionals from the public and private sectors and young senior officials are similarly welcome to apply.
- The registration will close after 30 participants to ensure the highest quality standards. So apply as soon as possible.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for this program online by completing the registration below.
- Click the “registration” tab on the desired program page to add the program to the shopping cart.
- Click on the “check out” tab.
- Create a profile on the UNITAR event page and complete the required sections.
- Review all information for accuracy and choose credit card or bank transfer payment methods.
- If the credit card is selected, the payment is definite and completed immediately on the spot.
- If you select to pay by bank transfer, the payment is not definite yet and may be delayed later.
- Click on complete payment at the end of either of the choices. UNITAR will follow up with the registration via email after that.
Note: The registration for the January Edition is already closed.
Visit the UNITAR’s website for additional information on the United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Program.
Check More Opportunities: