Opportunity ID 13942
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study • Chemical Science • Mathematical Science • Physics
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 6 to 12 Months
Language of Instruction English
In partnership with the World Academy of Science (TWAS), the S.N. Bose National Center for Basic Science offers TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship for developing countries. By participating in this program, scholars can pursue Ph.D. and postdoctoral research in physical science such as chemical, physics, and Mathematical Science in Kolkata, India.
Eligible candidates from developing countries in the South, including Afghanistan, can apply for this postdoctoral research program. Applicants can also check similar opportunities – TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Pakistan.
TWAS Fellowship provides a monthly stipend and on-campus accommodation to support applicants with their costs for 6 to 12 months of research in the following activities:
- Linear and non-linear spectroscopy,
- Ultrafast molecular processes and spectroscopy,
- Soft condensed matter systems of chemical and biological interests,
- Mesoscopic physics,
- Ultrafast dynamics in biological macromolecules and magnetization,
- Ultrafast laser-induced processes,
- Ionic liquids,
- Multi-component liquid mixtures,
- Supercooled melts,
- Supercritical fluids,
- Bio-nano interface,
- Manganic crystals,
- Micromagnetic simulations,
- Nanomaterials in general, and physics of correlated oxides,
- Low-dimensional systems,
- Magnetic shape memory alloys,
- Dilute magnetic semiconductors,
- Multi-furoic materials,
- Thin films of metals and oxides,
- Electronic, magnetic, and structural properties of complex materials,
- Strongly correlated electronic systems,
- Quantum many-body physics,
- Micromagnetic and Monte Carlo simulation of static and dynamic properties of nanomagnets,
- Theoretical study of thermal conductivity,
- Ab initio plane wave pseudo-potential calculation,
- Strongly correlated electron systems,
- Electronic structure and transport through nanomaterials.
- Quantum field theory,
- Mathematical physics,
- Cognitive science,
- Granular physics,
- Non-commutative quantum mechanics,
- Statistical physics,
- Non-linear dynamics,
- Lattice gauge theories,
- Representation theory of lie groups and coherent states,
- Quantum optics,
- Black holes,
- Quantum gravity,
- Constrained dynamics,
- Quantum spin systems,
- Collective behavior and emergent phenomena,
- Explosive percolation,
- Complex networks and critical phenomena.
- Relativistic astrophysics,
- Ionospheric science
Details of the Fellowship
Deadline: 31 May 2023
Level of Study: Ph.D. and Postdoc Research
Duration: 6-12 Months
Fellowship Location: Kolkata, India
Instruction Language: English
Awarding Institution: The World Academy of Science (TWAS)
Partner Organization: S.N. Bose National Center for Basic Science
Fields of Study:
- Chemical Science
- Mathematical Science
Benefits of the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship
The organizer and host center provides the following benefits for candidates:
- Monthly stipend to cover the applicant’s living expenses and food.
- On-campus free accommodation
- Small medical scheme
Requirements for TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship
All candidates should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- On 31 December 2023, the applicants must be a maximum of 35 for Ph.D. and 45 years for Postdoc.
- Must have citizenship of one of the developing countries from the south other than India.
- Must not have a temporary or permanent residency visa in India or any other developed country.
- Should regularly work in developing countries other than India and hold research there.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s or Ph.D. in physics, mathematics, or physical chemistry.
- Receive an offer letter from the S.N. Bose National Centre.
- Applicants must have excellent knowledge of the English Language.
- Must commit to returning to their home country after completion of the fellowship.
- Applicants must not apply for another assignment during their fellowship at S.N. National Center.
- Must be able and responsible for their family members’ costs and support.
The following documents are necessary for the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship:
- Online application form.
- Letter of acceptance (Application without an acceptance letter will not be considerable).
Required documents for acceptance letter:
- Recent CV
- Research proposal
- Applicants must submit the preliminary acceptance letter to one of the SN Bose Departments. The letter must reach the institution at the time of application or by the deadline at the latest.
- To get the letter, applicants should visit the S.N. Bose website to find a supervisor to supervise their research. However, applicants should address their requests for preliminary acceptance must be addressed to the Dean (Academic Programs), S.N. Bose National Center for Sciences, Kolkata, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: (+91) 33 2335 3477.
How to Apply?
Applicants can apply for the fellowship only through the online application portal. Moreover, applicants must provide the preliminary acceptance letter from one of the S.N. Bose National Center for Basic Science departments to receive a fellowship award.
Applicants should apply for the acceptance letter as early as possible and note that the current year’s letter dates will be acceptable.
Reminder: Applicants should apply only for one program each calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolios. After having all the requested documents, applicants can fill out and apply by entering the link below.
Contact addresses for requesting acceptance letter:
S.N. Bose National Centre
Dean (Academic Programs)
J.D. Block, Sector 3, Salt Lake City
Kolkata 700098, India
Fax: +91 33 2335 3477
TWAS Fellowships Office Contact Details
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240 314
Visit the TWAS website for more information about the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship.
Check More Opportunities: