Opportunity ID 11374
The RIPS is a summer research program that is focused on an academic problem that is going to take part in 2020 in Los-Angeles, the USA is an excellent opportunity for talented students with math and computer or related areas background. The applicants will work closely with an academic supervisor to perform research and present the result. In this case, research in industrial projects for students is cross between an REU and an internship, during this short-term program student will work on teams in an office with available computers, technical supports, involve with gusts lecture, discussions, learning report writing and public presentation skills. While working in the RIPS project, the participants will build their network, walking around IPAM, and using various meals, tea, on campus. So, applicants having experience in computer science, with a math background, completed their undergraduate degree, interested in involving some math, statistics, data, and computing, and wish to have a fully-funded support to work on their projects can apply.
Details of RIPS:
Deadline: 12 February 2020
Duration: 9 Weeks
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Benefits of the program:
- Traveling expenses
- Meal allowance
- Generous stipend about $3500
- The project’s focus is on engaging mathematics and computation.
Who are the sponsors:
- The Aerospace corporation
- Air force research laboratory
- Lawrence Livermore national lab
Who can apply?
- Applicants who are interested in mathematics and their backgrounds are in the same areas.
- The applicant’s age must be at least 18 years.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or will graduate between December and June of the current academic year.
- For computing, have experience in computer science, data analysis, or numeral computation is an advance but not required for everybody.
- Applicants must be committed to return to their home country and must not graduate from USA‘s school or university.
- Applicants with disabilities also can apply to this program.
- Letter of recommendations
- Academic diploma and transcript
- Update Curriculum Vitae
- Online application form
How to apply:
Applicants are required to read the instruction then create their accounts.
For more information, please visit the RIPS website