Opportunity ID 146782
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Various Fields
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 1 Year, extendable
Language of Instruction English
The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarships applications are now open to outstanding students in 2023. This opportunity allows international students to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in New Zealand. The primary purpose of this opportunity is to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalization and support talented applicants. Candidates who are enrolling as new students at the University of Waikato are welcome from worldwide.
- Application Deadline: The application is open all year-round
- Location: New Zealand
- Host institution: University of Waikato
- Levels of Study: Undergraduate and postgraduate
- Gender: Male/Female
- Eligible Country: All
- Fields of Study: All programs except the Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Funding Type: Partially-funded
- Scholarship Total Value: 15,000 NZD toward tuition fees
Eligibilities for the Waikato International Excellence Scholarships
Applicants who wish to apply for the Waikato International Excellence Scholarships in New Zealand must meet the following criteria:
- Be high-performing international students enrolling for the first time in an undergraduate or postgraduate course at the University of Waikato;
- Not have already enrolled at the University of Waikato and not have paid fees at the time of application;
- Provide a conditional or unconditional offer from the University of Waikato;
- Provide a minimum GPA of B+ to gain entrance to the University of Waikato;
- Should not come via any sponsorship;
- Not come on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement 3, student exchange agreement, or through a study abroad;
- Demonstrate potential to become global ambassadors for the University because this is a merit-based scholarship;
- Residing in New Zealand for the whole period of the Scholarship and committing to full-time on-campus studying;
- Enroll within 12 months of the dates mentioned in the University’s Offer Letter
- Start a full-time program(s) with at least 120 points at the University of Waikato in the year(s) of tenure;
- Sustaining an international student status within the University’s student system throughout the whole period of the Scholarship;
- To be eligible to benefit from the Scholarship for the following years, applicants should pass all papers in the first year and enroll full-time in consecutive years;
- Meet any criteria and requirements.
How to Apply to the Waikato International Excellence Scholarships?
Please follow these instructions:
- Before applying for the Scholarship, candidates should complete an Enrolment Application for the University of Waikato.
- Candidates can apply for the Waikato International Excellence Scholarships via the online application portal at any time of the year. However, the University will decide on applications within 8 to 12 weeks of application.
- As part of the scholarship application, candidates should upload their conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato.
Check Similar Scholarships