Opportunity ID 3390
Degree MasterNon Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Various Fields
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 2 Weeks up to 24 Months
Language of Instruction English
Netherlands Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) scholarship is offered to individuals and organizations from OKP-supporting countries to enhance their education through short courses and master’s degree programs from one week to 24 months. Mid-career professionals who meet the requirements can apply for the OKP scholarship.
- Round Two: 28 June – 5 September 2023 (16.00 CET) for courses beginning after 1 February 2024.
Level of Study:
- Short courses
- Master degree
Fields of Study:
- Please use this link to find your course of desire.
Scholarship coverage: Please check your desired program of study for further details of scholarship coverage.
Duration of scholarship:
- Short course duration: 2 weeks to 12 months
- Master’s degree program duration: 12 months – 24 months
Who Can Apply?
All applicants who meet the following criteria can apply for this scholarship:
- Applicants must be motivated and interested
- They should be living and working in an OKP country;
- Be proficient in English or French;
- Applicants should be working in one of the priority areas for their country;
- Should inspire them to use and transfer their experience and knowledge to their employing organization after their studies;
- Agreeing to the latest Obligations and conditions.
- Applicants should provide an employer statement that the applicant and their employer have signed it.
- The applicants might need to sign a government statement If they are civil servants. This certifies the support of their government for their OKP application.
The education institution will inform the applicant of the requirements for their application. As this scholarship is for working professionals, therefore, applications of students are not eligible for consideration. To apply for one of the courses, applicants must motivate:
- That they work within the priority themes for their country as mentioned above;
- how the courses will strengthen the applicant and the organization they work for;
- how the applicants will use their newly gained knowledge and experience in their organization after their study.
Priority Themes Per Country
The main priority areas of the OKP are as follows:
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Security and rule of law
- Food and nutrition security
- Water management
Note: Please find the details of the theme in this document.
OKP Country List
Please remember that the list of participating countries may be changed and updated. In previous rounds, applicants from the following countries or those who were working in these countries were eligible for an OKP scholarship:
Bangladesh, Benin, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Ghana, Indonesia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Senegal, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Vietnam, and Yemen.
The selection procedure for this OKP Scholarship is as follows:
- Candidates should first register with their Dutch education institution
2. Dutch institution will nominate the candidates and submits grant application
3. Embassies of the country will check eligibility and assess applications
4. Selection results will be available for Dutch institutions
5. Dutch education institutions will award the grant
How to Apply?
Applicants cannot apply online on this website. All applicants should follow the steps below and should apply through the Dutch education institution of their choice:
- Check if your application is relevant within the OKP focus areas determined for your home country.
- Check if you meet the OKP requirements.
- Applicants can find a course on the OKP course list. Please find a study using the ‘Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP)’ filter.
- Ask the employer if they want to nominate you for an OKP scholarship.
- Please contact the Dutch institution of your choice for more information about the application procedure and other requirements.
- Prepare your application, including your employer statement, motivation, passport, and government statement (if required).
- Submit your application package online using the link you receive from the Dutch education institution during an application round. Please get updated about the application deadline for the educational institution of your choice.
Please visit the Orange Knowledge Program website for further details of OKP Scholarships.