Opportunity ID 7303
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 10
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 3-6 months
Language of Instruction EnglishJapanese
About the fellowship
The Matsumae International Foundation in Japan is offering three to six months of research fellowship program applicants from all over the world for a greater understanding of Japan and a lasting world peace.
As there are three crises endangering mankind’s future including lack of energy, lack of food supplies and an increasing world population that the last one will lead to conflict between the nations.
To create a situation for the people of Japan to live peacefully with other nations, the Matsumae international foundation is preparing a forum for international activities that will create a path to peace and prosperity based on mutual understanding.
Details of the fellowship:
Deadline: June 30, 2021 (JST)
Duration: 3-6 months (April 2022 and March 2023.)
Number of fellowships: 10 or less
Opportunity type: Fully funded research
Result announcement: December 2021
Institution: Institutions in Japan (applicants are free to choose one)
- Natural science
Financial benefits of The Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship Program in Japan:
MIF provides the following assistance:
- Monthly allowance of 220,000 Japanese Yen for research and stay.
- Round-trip flight tickets
- Start-up fund of 120,000 Japanese yen on arrival in Japan to start the research
Who can apply?
- Open to all nationalities except Japanese
- Obtain an invitation letter from host institutions in Japan
- Must have obtained a Ph.D. degree
- Be 49 years old or younger (exclusive)
- Have sufficient English or Japanese languages skills
- Not have previous or current experience of a long stay in Japan (except short one)
- Be currently employed in their home countries
- Return back to their home countries after the completion of the program
Visit similar Opportunities:
- Joseph Schumpeter Fellowship at George Mason University, USA 2021-22 ($1000 award)
- 100 Legal Fellow Vacancies Announced by the Asia Foundation in Different Provinces
- 2021 CUP Fellowship for Change in Design ($40,000 stipend)
- USF International Fellowships for Early and mid-Career Urban Scholars from the Global South
How to apply?
Eligible applicants should Read the complete announcement HERE, then download and fill the application form linked below, finally send it along with required documents to MIF by email.
- Application form
- The research project (plan)
- A reprint of the most significant publication by the applicant (one publication only): a summary/abstract in English is required if the main language of the publication is not English.
- Recommendation letter from employer
- Certified copies of all academic degrees the applicant has obtained
- Invitation letter signed by the professor/scholar-in-charge in the host institution in Japan (on the letterhead of host institution)
Send your complete application package to email@example.com.
Note: MIF may ask applicants to send the above documents through post as well.
Visit the official link for more details.