Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Design
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Duration One Year
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 117100
Applications are now invited to the Center for Urban Pedagogy (CUP) Fellowship 2021 for change in design. This is a one-year fellowship designed to empower individuals to gain skills, contacts, and experience that enable them to excel in their design career or profession.
Fellows will, as part of CUP teams, work on community-engaged design projects and partake in mentorship sessions.
Application deadline: 12 April 2021 (noon time EST)
Awarding institution: Center for Urban Pedagogy (CUP)
Duration: July 2021-June 2022
The fellowship provides:
- Apart from A stipend of 40,000 USD offered in monthly installments
- Free health insurance coverage
- Flexible leave policy
- Small funding ($500) for professional development opportunities (including conferences, classes, or other activities)
Apart from Financial benefits, fellows will get tremendous other benefits which are of immense importance to them (you can see below)
The fellowship is aimed at supporting a score of brilliant individuals from historically underrepresented communities into the design area and removing the systematic hurdles in the way of their professional development as design leaders.
The desired candidate will:
- Be known as a member of a community that is historically sidelined in the design professions, including but not limited to people of color; people from low-income, LGBTQ, or immigrant communities; formerly imprisoned people; and others
- Own a background in design, particularly graphic, communication, or UI design.
- Applicants have to demonstrate proof, in the form of a portfolio of images, of their skills and aptitudes as a designer, and their expertise with design software.
- Have a commitment to social justice and racial equity
- Have sound communication skills
- Be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite software, basic web applications, and Microsoft Office
- Be friendly, able to self-direct, and apply attention to detail, and able to work in a cooperative atmosphere with a wide range of partners
- CUP welcomes those who may bring diverse ideas to the 2021 cohort.
Hoe to apply?
Applicants can submit their completed application online through submittable.
If applicants need an extension to the deadline, they have to contact [email protected]g for help and further steps.
- A cover letter stating why are keen to receive this fellowship, your expectations, your career goals and how you fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- A current CV
- A collection of your design work that highlights your skills. Please arrange your work so all pages can be printed out at 8.5 × 11in. (file size should be 5 MB max.)
- A list of 3 references with contact details
Note: Applications must contain all required documents and the link for additional information otherwise it will not be reviewed.
For more information and to read about the fellows’ responsibilities, consult the CUP Fellowship 2021.