No. of Opportunity 216
Fields of study MBBS/BDS
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 2060003
Admissions are now open for MBBS/BDS to international students in Government Medical and Dental Colleges of Bangladesh. According to Bangladesh’s Directorate General of Medical Education (DGME) announcement in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, overseas students can apply for above programs for the academic year 2023.
Members of SAARC and non-SAARC countries specified in the announcement can benefit from 216 seats. Out of the total, 117 seats are available for SAARC countries and 99 for Non-SAARC countries under Bangladesh Government’s scholarship program. Furthermore, students are also eligible to apply for private medical/dental admission. Accordingly, a maximum of 45% of international students will study in Private Medical/Dental Colleges out of the total allocated seats. Please find the detailed list of Government and Private Medical and Dental Colleges and several seats on the official DGME’s Website.
Applications Status: Open
Applications Deadline: 30 March 2023
Host Organizations: Medical and Dental Colleges of Bangladesh
Degree Level: Undergraduate
Medium of Instruction: English
Number of Opportunity: 216
Eligible Country: SAARC and Non-SAARC countries
Fields of Study: Medical and Dentistry (MBBS/BDS)
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS/BDS
Below are the admission criteria for foreign students in the MBBS/BDS courses in Bangladesh.
- Applicants must have the equivalence of a foreign degree:
- Should have passed HSC/A-level or equivalent examination;
- SSC/ O-level or equivalent examination passed after 2019;
- HSC/A-level or equivalent examination passed after 2021;
- Prove at least a total GPA of 8.00 or 7.00 for private institutions in SSC / O-level and HSCI A-level or equivalent examination;
- At least GPA in Biology: 4.0 out of 5.0 scale;
- Consideration goes to calculating GPA against the percentage in SSC equivalent O-level for the top 5 subjects only.
- Consideration goes to only three subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) for calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/A-level or equivalent exam;
- Submit filled-out online application forms in the specific template with all necessary attested certificates, including academic certificates, admit cards, and mark sheets or transcripts in original at the time of their admission.
- SAARC countries’ applicants should pay tuition and other fees for Government medical and dental colleges at the rate charged to a Bangladeshi student.
- Students from other countries should pay USD 5000 per year in addition to the tuition fees for Bangladeshi students. Students who cannot pass the exam in time should pay additional charges.
- Application fee of USD 100 is mandatory for each applicant; students should pay it by Telegraphic Transfer or SWIFT Code to the following accounts.
- Standard Chartered Bank, New York, Acc. No.: 3582020365001; SWIFT code SCBLUS33
- Mashreq Bank Psc. New York, Acc. No.: 70120518; SWIFT code MSHQUS33
- AB Bank Ltd. Mumbai, Acc. No.: 5001-000003-155; SWIFT code ABBLINBB
Check Updated Opportunities
KUAS Scholarships for International Master and Ph.D. Students in Engineering, Japan
Canadian University of Saskatchewan Scholarships for International Students
IsDB Scholarships for IsDB Member Countries (All Degrees)
Required Documents for MBBS/BDS Admission
The following materials and documents are necessary to apply for the MBBS/BDS programs in Bangladesh:
- Passport Size Photograph,
- Valid Passport
- All academic documents, such as certificates
- Marks sheet of SSC/O-level/10 class completion/equivalent
- HSC/A-level equivalent examination
- Copy of Telegraphic Transfer/SWIFT Message of USD 100 in the specific template of each online application.
How to Apply?
To apply for the current MBBS/BDS Admission program, please prepare and submit all required documents via the online application portal by entering the link below:
For further information about the MBBS/BDS Admission in Bangladesh, please visit the official website.
Additionally, applicants can review the MBBS/BDS Admission Circular Guides.
Check More Opportunities
Global Student Prize for Extraordinary Students ($100,000 Prize)
FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship for International Students