Opportunity ID 116092
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 10
Fields of study Education
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
The Varkey Foundation accepts applications and nominations for the 2023 Global Students Prize from excellent international students. The 2023 Global Student Prize is a USD 100,000 cash award to honor the contributions of exceptional students worldwide. Those who create a genuine impact on learning, the lives of their peers, and society in general are welcome to apply for the Prize.
Students with outstanding academic achievement(s) can apply or nominate another student for the Global Student Prize. But nominees must have made a significant achievement concerning the issues above.
Outstanding teachers with great achievements can check updates for the Global Teacher Prize 2023 (1 Million USD). Please stay updated as soon as the Foundation announce application openings.
Important Dates of the Global Student Prize
Applications and Nominations Status: 19 January 2023
Entry Deadline: 2 April 2023 (23.59 IDLW)
Result Notification of Successful Entrants: August 2023
Awards Presentation Ceremony: November 2023
Awarding Institution: Varkey Foundation
Shortlisted Candidates: 50
Finalists and Final Winners: 10
Total Prize Value: USD 100,000
Eligible Countries: All
Field of Prize: Education
Benefits of the Global Students Prize
By winning the Global Student Prize, entrants will get the following benefits:
- Total USD 100,000 Cash Prize;
- Attend financial counseling sessions of free-of-charge by VF;
- Gain national and international coverage of applicants’ contributions;
- Opportunity to participate in national and international discussions on policy and activities impacting students and their education;
- Membership in the Chegg Changemaker community for the top 50 finalists working together to build a better world;
- Have a chance to attend the winning ceremony of the Prize.
All candidates must meet the following set of requirements to apply for the 2023 Global Students Prize:
- Be at least 16 years old;
- Enrolled in an academic institution, a training, or skills program;
- Enrolled in online courses and part-time ones are also eligible;
- Can be in any school, in adherence to the binding law in any country in the world;
- Not banned from taking part in the Contest or receiving the Prize under the applicable law of their country;
- Have no criminal record;
- Not have acted as to bring the VF, its affiliates, the teaching profession, any GEMS Education group company into disrepute. Or must not put the VF respective agent, directors, officers, employees, and VF and Chegg Parties into disrepute or to have been adversely prejudicial to the interests of any of them;
Assessment Criteria of the Global Students Prize
The judges will evaluate candidates or nominees against the following criteria:
- Academic accomplishment;
- Influence on their fellow students;
- Making changes in their community and beyond;
- Tackling the obstacles to obtain their goals;
- Innovation and creativity of the applicant;
- Fostering of global citizenship
The selection process for the 2023 Global Students Prize is as follows:
- After the application deadline, a panel of online judges will score applications and select the Top 50 finalists.
- Then the Global Student Prize Academy will select the winner over a secure online voting system, considering additional screening, reference, and background checks. The first Prize Committee/ Prize Judges will meet to select ten finalists.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers or similar VF-chosen firms will monitor the whole process to ensure transparency.
How to apply?
Eligible students can apply or nominate other students they are sure to have made an exceptional achievement by entering the links below. Candidates must download the application form to prepare their answers to the questions in advance.
Check More Opportunities