Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Sustainable Development
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 16620
Submissions for the iF Social Impact Prize 2023 are now open to innovative entrees with solving critical world challenges. The Prize aims to support the best projects contributing to society, with a total prize of EUR 100,000 per year. Applicants with implemented projects are welcome to submit any initiatives, including CSR projects and active support for a particular societal issue.
There is no restriction on the project size, but the idea, the sustainable impact, the relevance of the problem, and the target groups are essential. The Prize is suitable for companies, NGOs, foundations, design studios, social enterprises, and entrepreneurs.
- Organized by: If Design
- Submission Deadline: 9 May 2023
- Prize Value: 100,000 Euros
- Focus Areas: Sustainable Development Goals (Goals 1-15)
iF Social Impact Prize Categories
Applicants can submit solutions to the following categories:
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and well being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean water & Sanitation
- Affordable and clean energy
- Decent work & Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation, and infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate Action
- Life below water
- Life on land
Benefits of the iF Social Impact Prize
The winning projects will benefit from the event to develop their plan:
- Prize Money: The winner projects will receive a share of EUR 100,00 in prize money;
- Winner Project: The projects will benefit from a showcase on the iF Design Website for an unlimited period;
- Communication Support: Introduction to a global design community, media, and the design-interested public;
- If Jury Feedback Chart: Winning projects will receive their jury report and feedback;
- Updates: Winners can update their projects with the latest videos, photos, or news
Eligibilities and Criteria
Applicants should meet the following criteria to apply for the iF Social Impact Prize 2023:
- Entrants can be companies, NGOs, foundations, design studios, social enterprises, and entrepreneurs;
- Submitted projects must already be established and implemented;
- Applicants may apply with the same project no more than twice;
- Student ideas are not eligible
Check More Opportunities
Ockenden International Prizes for Refugee-Serving Organizations Worldwide (GBP 25, 000)
Yidan Prize for Research and Development in Education Worldwide (HK$30 million)
Submission and Evaluation Criteria
The judges will evaluate and select the projects based on the following criteria:
- Beneficial experiencing
- Reasonable effort
- Moral Ethical Standards
Also, before submitting any project for the iF Social Impact Prize, applicants should think about the following questions:
- Can the project solve the current or related problem?
- Does the project meet moral-ethical standards?
- Is it able to strengthen group relations?
- Does the project have a positive experience?
- Do the project balance effort and use value?
How to Apply iF Social Impact Prize?
Applicants can submit their projects via the online portal by following the steps below:
- Create an IF account and then log in to the account;
- Fill out all fields of the form;
- Upload two photos, write a short entry description;
- Include the initiator and partner addresses
- Click on “Publish Your Project” to confirm participation;
- Wait for a brief confirmation;
- If the submission is successful, an applicant will compete for the Prize.
For details about the Prize, please visit the official website of If World Design Guide.
Check More Opportunities
Global Student Prize for Extraordinary Students ($100,000 Prize)
STARTS Prize for Arts-Stimulated Innovation in Technology Industry & Society (€20,000)