Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 93193
Nominations are now open for the 2023 WISE Prize for Education awarded by Qatar Foundation. This Prize honors individuals or teams for an extraordinary contribution to the Education sector at any level. It elevates the status of Education by attributing similar esteem to other areas for which international prizes are awarded –such as literature, peace, and economics. Also, the Prize is an excellent opportunity for recognition of its kind in Education.
The primary aim of the WISE Prize is to raise global awareness of the vital role of Education in societies and create a platform for practical and innovative solutions.
The WISE Prize for Education is to celebrate and inspire role models who are shaping the future of the Education sector as the backbone for a more developed, secure, and sustainable world. The Laureate receives the WISE Prize medal and USD 500,000, announced at the global biennial summit’s Opening Plenary Session to grow their initiative works and further expand their projects. The Prize also shares the Laureate’s vision to build the future of Education by providing support over two years to scale their impact.
- Nomination Period: 2 December, 2022 – 22 January 2023 (5:30 pm AFT)
- Due Diligence: 5 to 23 February 2023
- Committee Evaluation: 27 February to 23 March 2023
- Due Diligence Second Round: 28 March to 29 June 2023
- Jury Evaluation: 29 June to 25 August 2023
- Laureates Announcement: WISE Summit 2023
- Awarding Foundation: Qatar Foundation
- Open To: Nominees Worldwide
- Duration of Support: 2-Years
- Funding Type: Partially-funded
- Location: Qatar
- Sector: Education
The Laureate will receive the WISE Prize medal and USD 500,000, announced at the worldwide biennial summit’s Opening Plenary Session, to grow their initiatives and further expand their projects. The Prize also shares the Laureate’s vision to build the future of Education by providing support over two years to scale their impact.
Individuals who meet the following requirements can be nominators or nominees for the WISE Prize for Education. Please remember that self-nomination is not possible.
- Be from any part of the world;
- Be an individual or a team with an outstanding contribution to Education, typically have a minimum of 10 years of dedication;
- Be researchers, education practitioners, organization leaders, and policymakers;
- Nominee can belong to any education sector, such as early childhood education, higher Education, K-12, vocational training, informal education, distance-based learning, education technology, and lifelong learning;
- Have proven continuous commitment to Education to addressing education challenge(s) locally or globally;
- Have positive systemic innovation and solutions to local or international education challenge(s);
- Have leadership skills to driving force behind the project or organization;
- The nominee’s contribution must have a sustainable impact on the lives of the targeted beneficiaries;
- Shortlisted nominee(s) should highlight how the Prize will optimize, grow and scale their impact.
- Be an individual who could be working with the nominee, part of their community, end beneficiaries of the nominee, or have no relationship with the nominee;
- NOT be an organization;
- Fill out the nomination form and have sufficient information about the nominee’s work;
- Provide the needed contact information in case the WISE team wants to contact the nominator for further details.
- A different person can submit multiple nominations for the same individual.
- And the same nominators may submit multiple nominations for other individuals or teams.
How to Nominate?
Nominators should submit their nomination forms online by creating an account on the Wise Application Portal by entering the link below. Please follow these instructions:
- The nomination form must be in English, NOT in any other language;
- The nominator should submit the nomination form before 22 January 2023;
- To prevent any accidental loss of information, nominators must save at every step;
- Fill out all questions to submit a complete nomination form;
- Each nomination requires two references who have worked closely with the nominee from collaborating organizations, previous colleagues, etc. The references Should Not send letters of recommendation to WISE unless requested.
- WISE will contact the two references, so their details must be up to date and correct;
- The nominator will receive a confirmation email and a PDF version of the nomination form once the system has received the nomination.
Check More Opportunities
- Scholarship for International Media Studies in Germany 2023-2024
- ‘Start Up Energy Transition International Award 2023’ for Startups and Young Companies (€10K prize)
- Romania Scholarships for International Students, 2023-24 (All Degrees)
- Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships (GOI-IES) 2023/24 (Fully Funded)
- United People Global (UPG) 2023 Sustainability Leadership Program for Young Potential Leaders