Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSPTE AcademicDuolingo
Fields of study Engineering
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 2 To 3 Years
Language of Instruction English
Applications for KUAS Scholarships 2023 are now open at the Japan Kyoto University of Advanced Science (KUAS). Excellent international students who apply for a master’s and Ph.D. program in Engineering will benefit from pre-enrolment KUAS Scholarship schemes. Pre-enrolment scholarships include Super KUAS-E and KUAS-E Scholarship, with different values and requirements.
KUAS is one of the most prestigious Japanese universities that motivate and train students. Participants can advance their knowledge, enhance skills, and gain the education necessary to contribute to making positive change in the global community.
Graduate Scholarship at KAUS has two rounds; the Early Entry, which is already closed for the current year, and the Regular Entry round which is now open. Prospective international candidates can read important dates hereunder.
KUAS Scholarships Brief Details
Pre-Application Review: December 1, 2022, to January 27, 2023
Applications Open: February 1, 2023
Applications Deadline: February 17, 2023
Online Interviews: Late-February to mid-March, 2023
Offers and Scholarship Proposals Released: April 28, 2023
Final Offer Acceptance Deadline: May 19, 2023
Degree Level: Master’s and Ph.D.
Field of Study: Engineering
Duration: Master- 2 years; Ph.D.- 3 years
Required Language: English
Benefits of the KUAS Scholarships
Super KUAS-E Scholarship:
- 1,200,000 JPY/year stipend for personal expenses
- Full tuition exemption
- Full admission fee exemption
- Tuition reduction of 100%, 50%, or 30%
- Admission fee reduction of 100%, 50%, or 30%
Applicants who wish to apply for the KUAS Scholarships 2023 should meet these requirements:
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification to apply for a master’s program.
- Have earned a master’s degree or equivalent qualification with specialized knowledge in mechanical and electronic engineering fields.
Specifically, the applicants should:
- Be eager to address contemporary problems and discover solutions that contribute to the future of society on a global scale;
- Have a broad understanding of fields relevant to mechanical and electrical engineering;
- Be inspired to tackle various issues by developing scientific and academic expertise in their chosen specializations.
- Applicants should make sure they know the content of their desired program
- In general, applicants wish to upgrade their abilities as engineers while learning to make full use of engineering techniques and apply the most cutting-edge technologies when solving problems.
English language requirements
For the master’s and Ph.D. programs, candidates must meet the minimum score required to ensure English proficiency. Native English speakers do not need to prove a language proficiency certificate.
Required English tests scores
- TOEFL: 80 IBT
- IELTS: 6.0
- PTE: Academic (5)
- Duolingo English Test: 105
Application Procedure for KUAS Scholarships
The KUAS Scholarships process consists of five steps as follows:
- Explore study programs and be familiar with the application requirements and procedures
- Sign up for a pre-application review and select a professor (s) as research supervisor.
- Complete the application procedure online and wait for the International Admissions Office contact with the results of the pre-application review.
- Take an online interview as per the guidance of the KUAS team.
- Wait for an offer of admission online.
Note: All candidates must contact the Admission Office through the online form to gain prior consent from at least one prospective supervisor before applying. They can select more than one supervisor (only applicable to the Master’s Program) in case they have multiple research interests.
How to Apply?
Applicants can apply online for this program through the following link. To complete the application, applicants must have prepared all the required information and documents while applying and pay the application fee (5,000 JPY) through the online system.
Download Application Guidelines
Pre-Application Review Required Documents:
- CV including academic information
- One-page research plan (maximum A4 / U.S. letter-sized)
- Official academic transcripts (all undergraduate and graduate programs)
- A list of research achievements (if available)
Documents Required for Application:
- Photograph JPEG
- Application Essay (400-500 words for both)
- Research Plan (3 pages for master and five pages for doctoral)
- Research Summary for the doctoral program
- Official academic transcripts (all colleges or universities attended)
- Diploma/certificate (expected) of graduation from all institutions of higher education
- Proofs of English language proficiency (TOEFL iBT/IELTS/PTE/Duolingo）
- One letter of recommendation from the master’s program supervisor
- Copy of Passport or ID
Read more detailed information about the Scholarships on the KUAS website or the FAQs.
Check More Opportunities
IsDB Scholarships for IsDB Member Countries (All Degrees)
Canadian University of Saskatchewan Scholarships for International Students
Romania Scholarships for International Students (All Degrees)