Opportunity ID 146372
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration One year
Language of Instruction English
Overview of the program
The Japanese government offers and funds scholarships for a one-year master’s degree program on Marine Plastics Abatement (MPA) to train new generations of environmental leaders in Asia to combat ocean plastic pollution through advanced technologies and effective management practices. This program is available to applicants from developing countries to empower them to tackle the solution and contribute to the achievement of SDGs. Therefore, if you are passionate about the issue, do apply.
Deadline: 30 June 2021
Host country: Thailand
Scholarship provider: Japan Government
Host institution: School of Environment, Resources, and Development (SERD), Asian Institute of Technology (AIT)
Duration: One year
Study area: Marine Plastics Abatement (MPA)
The scholarship provides:
- Tuition and enrolment fees
- Bursary & accommodation allowances
- Health insurance
- Visa renewal cost
- Research grant
- Return travel cost from applicant’s home country to Thailand
- Nationals of developing countries can apply for this scholarship.
Candidates must meet the AIT Entry Requirements such as:
- Hold a 4-year bachelor’s degree program or its corresponding qualification acceptable to AIT & from a reputable institution of higher education;
English language Proficiency Requirement by having one of:
- AIT-EET: 6
- IELTS-Academic: 6 (writing 6)
- TOEFL Paper: 550 (writing 59-61)
- TOEFL CBT: 213 (writing 25-26)
- TOEFL IBT: 80 (writing 21-23)
- Candidates must apply for the one-year Master’s Program in Marine Plastic Abatement Program at SERD-AIT
- Diversity in terms of students’ home countries in the selection process will be considered.
How to apply?
You can apply online for the scholarship.
Should you have further queries, you can contact using the following contact mediums:
Admissions and Scholarship Unit, Office of Student Affairs: email@example.com
Office of International Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Environmental and Engineering Program (EEM): email@example.com