Opportunity ID 146078
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 5
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Overview of the challenge
Submission is currently open for the Asian Development Bank (ADB) Technology Innovation Challenge that aims to support innovators, organizations, and technology providers in disease-resilient and energy-efficient building centralized air-conditioning (CAC) systems in the developing member countries of ADB.
Furthermore, the bank is promoting resilience to diseases through clean energy development to improve energy efficiency, prevent virus spread and ensure healthy working conditions in public buildings by utilizing smart and safe CAC.
Application deadline: 10 May 2021
Organizer: Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Number of finalist teams: up to 5
Sponsors: ADB and its partners
- The best solution will receive up to 295,000 USD seed funding to spend for testing, expanding and implementing the solution.
- The winning team will get the chance of testing and scaling the solution in 3 public buildings in one of the ADB developing member countries.
Teams must commit to co-financing nearly 10% of the cost of the implementation of the solution.
- The challenge is open to ADB member countries.
- Also, it is open to innovators (startups, academia (university students and faculty members), independent researchers, technology companies, and other public and private sector institutions) around the world.
- Teams of 1 to 5 members can develop and submit their solutions to the panel.
What should be submitted?
ADB is inviting participants to submit their solution(s) that seek to address the following problem statement:
How can innovative technologies be used to achieve disease-resilient and energy-efficient centralized air-conditioning systems in public buildings?
The solution components can include:
Energy Efficiency: does the solution improve the energy efficiency of the CAC systems?
Climate Impact: can the solution reduce the climate risks of the CAC systems?
Disease Resilience: can the solution/initiative enhance the disease resilience of CAC systems?
Information Technology: Does the solution involve smart digital information control systems?
How to submit the solution?
Eligible team applicants can submit their entries online.
Submission of solution: March 26 to May 10, 2021
- Register and submit your Expression of Interest presentation.
Selection of Finalists: May 11 to 25, 2021
- Up to 5 Solutions will proceed to shortlist.
Technical Proposal Submission: May 26 to June 25, 2021
- Prepare and submit your Detailed Technical Proposal
Technical Proposal Review: June 26 to July 10, 2021
- Final Technical Proposal will be evaluated by panelists.
Final Pitching: July 12 to 16, 2021
- Finalists to present to the panelists.
For more details about the challenge, ADB’s approach and descriptions of solution areas, please visit the official ADB website.
Read the terms and conditions here.
Apply to another challenge from ADB: