Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
No. of Opportunity 3
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 111000
About the scholarships
Bangchak Initiative and Innovative Centre (BIIC) at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Thailand is currently seeking three excellent master applicants from around the world (preferably from Thailand) for its master programs. The application for fall 2021 intake is now open and AIT accepts students who wish to pursue master’s education in a prestigious institution in Thailand through a fully-funded scholarship.
Application deadline: 31 March 2021
Duration: 2 years
Intake open for application: Fall (August 2021)
Level of study: Master’s
Students are accepted for these programs:
- Food Engineering and Bioprocess Technology (FEBT)
- Environmental Engineering programs (EEM).
The scholarships are research assistant scholarships that cover tuition fees and stipends.
- The role of the researcher is primarily, but not exclusively, to do innovative research in the field of sustainable development which will lead to a commercial prototype, product or process.
- Researchers act as a bridge between both industry needs and academic research objectives in order to produce highly structured and well-defined solutions to industrial problems.
- [email protected] researchers will be expected to own both academic and industry experience, together with a sound understanding of the wider energy landscape beyond their area of expertise.
- All researchers will have to launch and contribute to the writing of proposals and other external funding streams.
- Applicants from any nationality are welcome to apply (Preference to Thai Nationals)
- Normally four-year bachelor’s education with a GPA of at least 2.75 or ideally 3.0 from recognized Universities
- Possess the English proficiency criteria as set by AIT Language Center (IELTS-Academic: 6 (writing and overall) or AIT EET ≥ 6.0, TOEFL ≥ 550 or TOEFL IBT 80).
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate a proven academic record and competencies.
General Requirements for the applicants
- Ability to work within a project team to obtain pioneering results.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present results in technical reports, and prepare scientific papers for publication in internationally judged journals.
- Experience in incubating a start-up company is a benefit.
- Experience in the following fields will be a plus; Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Big Data Analytics, Blockchain, Energy technology, Clean Technology, Smart Cities etc.
Specific Requirements for Energy Area
- Outstanding coding ability in programming tools such as Matlab, Python etc. and experience of design and modeling tools or other electrical power system analysis and power electronics simulation tools
- Hardware Experience/Knowledge on Converters, prototype development.
Specific Requirements for FEBT Area
- Having Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Science and Technology and/or similar subjects.
Specific Requirements for EEM Area
- Having a bachelor’s degree in biochemical or chemical engineering, civil engineering, environmental engineering, public health science, or related applied sciences.
- Ability for programming and experience in design and modeling of wastewater treatment systems.
- Experience/Knowledge on controls of bioreactor.
Apply to 2021 PhD scholarship of AIT:
How to apply?
Application is completed in two stages i.e. applicants should once apply online to the university through the below link. Next, they should send the following documents (all in one PDF file) to the given email.
- Cover letter
- Project proposal which may result in commercial products (2 pages maximum)
- Information concerning education, exams and prior relevant work/research experience (a CV).
- Certified copies of academic diplomas and certificates.
- Publications relating to the research scope and any other work which the applicant wishes to be regarded and should clearly elaborate on the applicant’s contribution.
- Names and contact information of at least two referees
Send your documents to [email protected].
For further information, you may refer to AIT’s website.
If you have questions with your application, please contact [email protected] for assistance.