Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 42 Months
Language of Instruction English
About the scholarships
Bangchak Initiative and Innovative Centre (BIIC) at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Thailand is inviting excellent doctoral applicants from around the world (preferably from Thailand) for its PhD programs. The application for the fall 2021 semester is now open and AIT accepts students who wish to take their Ph.D. education in an intellectually prestigious institution in Thailand through a fully-funded scholarship.
Application deadline: 31 March 2021
Duration: 42 months
Intake open for application: Fall (August 2021)
Level of study: Doctoral
Students are accepted for these programs:
- Food Engineering and Bioprocess Technology (FEBT)
- Environmental Engineering programs (EEM).
The scholarships are research assistant scholarships that cover tuition fees and stipends of students.
AIT offers a stimulating academic environment and strives for excellence in science, research, and education.
Selected candidates will gain a unique opportunity to co-found an international start-up company with separate funding from BIIC or others.
- The role of the researcher is primarily, but not exclusively, to conduct innovative research in the field of sustainable development which will lead to commercial prototype, product or process.
- Researchers act as a bridge between both industry needs and academic research objectives in order to produce highly structured and well-laid solutions to industrial problems.
- [email protected] researchers will be expected to own both academic and industry experience, together with a sound understanding of the wider energy landscape beyond their area of expertise.
- All researchers will have to launch and contribute to the writing of proposals and other external funding sources.
- Applicants from any nationality can apply (Preference is given to Thai Nationals)
- Hold first-class (honors) bachelors or masters or its equivalent (Master GPA 3.0) from recognized Universities
- Possess the English proficiency criteria as set by AIT Language Center (IELTS-Academic: 6 (writing and overall) or AIT EET ≥ 6.0, TOEFL ≥ 550).
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate proven academic record and competencies.
General Requirements of the applicants
- Ability to work within a project team to obtain pioneering results.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present results in technical reports, and prepare scholarly papers for publication in internationally judged journals.
- Experience in incubating an enterprise/ infant company is a benefit.
- Experience in the following fields will be a plus; Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Big Data Analytics, Blockchain, Energy technology, Clean Technology, Smart Cities etc.
Specific Requirements for Energy Area
- Strong coding ability in programming tools such as Matlab, Python etc. and experience of design and modeling tools or other electrical power system analysis and power electronics simulation tools.
- Relevant power electronic industrial and research experience
- Hardware Experience/Knowledge on Converters, prototype development.
Specific Requirements for FEBT Area
Having a Bachelor’s and master’s degree in Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Science and Technology and/or similar subjects.
Specific Requirements for EEM Area
- Having bachelor’s and master’s degree in biochemical or chemical engineering, civil engineering, environmental engineering, public health science or related applied sciences.
- Ability for programming and experience in design and modeling of wastewater treatment systems.
- Experience/Knowledge on controls of bioreactor.
Apply to 2021 master scholarship of AIT:
How to apply?
Application is done in two stages i.e. applicants should once apply online to the university through the below link. Next, they should send the following documents (all in one PDF file) to the given email.
- Cover letter
- Project proposal with pitching ideas which may result in commercial products (2 pages maximum)
- Information concerning education, exams and prior relevant work/research experience (a CV).
- Attested copies of academic diplomas and certificates.
- Publications relating to the research scope and any other work which the applicant wishes to be regarded and should clearly explain the applicant’s contribution.
- Names and contact information of at least two referees
Send your documents to [email protected].
For further information, you may refer to AIT’s website.
If you have questions with your application, please contact [email protected] for assistance.