Opportunity ID 55271
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Study Techniques
Opportunity Type : Partially FundedSelf Funded
Duration 4 weeks
Language of Instruction English
The University of Groningen has developed a free online course on “improving your study techniques” to address the skills vital to effective study. Develop effective study skills for life with the help of this course. Learning is an essential part of life; many of us go on to study even post-formal education. This shows that good study skills are vital for all of us. Many, however, cannot develop these skills and struggle to study effectively.
This course intends to change that. In the course, you will learn to become a better student by learning to apply the ‘three-step model’ of studying: previewing, summarizing, and revising. Besides, you will consider your use of time and learn how to make a realistic study plan. You will also learn how to battle procrastination, tackle stress, and stay motivated while studying.
- Course developer: University of Groningen
- The medium of delivery: English
- Course provider: Future Learn
- Course type: Online and self-paced
- Subject: Study Skills
- Price: Free with limited access, Monthly subscription: $27.99 or buy this course: $94 one-off payment
- Duration: 4 weeks (2 hours per week)
- Start date: Available now
- Free access to this course will expire on: 4 September 2023
1. Maple Hupkens
She is a Trainer/psychologist.
2. Anne-Miek Hermsen
Trainer/Career advisor to the University of Groningen.
After completing this course, you‘ll be able to:
- Identify the most central topics of a text.
- Make an obvious and useful summary of a text.
- Put in place effective revision methods.
- Design a study plan that really works for you
- Look into your tendency to procrastinate
- Unravel stress reduction
- Reflect on your study motivation
Who can enroll?
- This course is intended for anyone currently studying, including full-time students and individuals studying for professional or personal development.
- Moreover, it might also be of significance to anyone involved in the learning process, for example, teachers, student advisors, and family.
What topics will it cover?
- Study preparation
- The three-step model of studying: previewing, summarizing, revision
- Study planning
- Attending lectures
- Exam skills
- 100% online
- Access to this course for four weeks
How to apply?
You can apply and pursue this course by completing a registration in the given link.
For more details about Free Online Course on ‘Improving Study Techniques’ by University of Groningen, please visit FutureLearn’s website.