Opportunity ID 193697
No. of Opportunity 74
Organization for Research & Community Development (ORCD) has announced 74 Nutrition Nurse jobs available in in Afghanistan’s 34 provinces. Interested & eligible applicants can read the details and apply accordingly.
To deploy Mobile Health & Nutrition Services (MHNT) in all provinces sponsored by UNICEF, ORCD is looking for qualified individuals.
About Organization for Research & Community Development (ORCD):
Organization for Research & Community Development (ORCD) is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit and independent organization founded in 2010 by a group of community development and research professionals aiming to contribute to the development of Afghanistan as an integral part of the international community.
- Position Title: Nutrition Nurse
- Organized by: Organization for Research & Community Development (ORCD)
- Deadline: September 30, 2022
- Nationality: Afghan
- Job Location: 34 provinces of Afghanistan
- Cities: All cities
- Category: Health Care
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary: As per the ORCD salary scale
- Vacancy Number: ORCD-072-2022
- No. Of Jobs: 74
- Years of Experience: Having experience as Nurse in NNGO or INGO for 2-3 years.
- Counseling services. Experience with IDPs will be a plus point.
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility Extension
- Gender: Male/Female
- Education: Graduated from a recognized Nursing Institute.
- Act by ORCD regulation;
- Beneficiaries must have physical examinations and have their medical histories taken.
- All unwell children should be screened for acute malnutrition, and treatment cards should be filled with measurements of any SAM or MAM found.
- Write prescriptions for medicines, ready-to-use therapeutic foods, ready-to-use supplemental foods, and other appropriate foods.
- Give beneficiaries the instructions on how to utilize the medications, RUTF, RUSF, other food, and the date of their next appointment.
- Encourage the nutrition officer to recommend the hospital for the complex cases SAM/MAM or IMCI.
- Whenever the nutrition officer makes a judgment about removing SAM/MAM cases from the program, support that decision.
- Creat annual and monthly plans in close consultation with the appropriate provincial D.Ph.
- Update medication, RUTF, RUSF, and other food consumption statistics; create yearly and monthly plans in close consultation with the pertinent provincial D.Ph.
- Mapping & reviewing villages and towns that have limited access to nutrition services.
- Ensuring every team member is doing their role in the field correctly.
- Before entering the village to provide services, consultation with local elders is required.
- Coordination with health in deciding on a specific spot for providing mobile services.
- Make sure that all required supplies (medication, therapeutic food, and non-medical supplies) are on hand.
- Create a timetable for the mobile team and send it to the line manager, NGO, or PPHD.
- Utilize HMIS standard formats to get precise nutrition information.
- Accountable for compiling monthly reports from associated service delivery point sections using HMIS standard forms and submitting monthly reports to line managers, NGOs, and PPHD Act by ORCD policy;
- Maintain secrecy regarding ORCD-related matters
- Any other duty assigned by the Provincial Project Manager.
- Being Afghan
- Graduated from a nursing school.
- Having two to three years of nursing experience at an NGO or INGO
- Be able Dari and Pashto fluently.
- Capable of working in a busy atmosphere.
- Having two to three years of BPHS/EPHS experience
- Ready to enter the field.
- Cover Letter
- The email’s subject line has to be (Nutrition Nurse, VA No: ORCD-072-2022).
Note: If you attach large files or papers of more than 1024 KB, your application will not be considered for shortlisting.
Only those who have been shortlisted will be invited to an interview.
How to Apply?
Afghan individuals who are qualified and interested should send their cover letter and most recent CV to the following email address:
More job opportunities you may be eligible for:
- 74 Nutrition Counselor jobs by ORCD in 34 Provinces of Afghanistan
- 74 Psychosocial Counselors positions by Organization for Research & Community Development (ORCD)
- 74 Midwife Nurse Vacancies by ORCD in 34 provinces of Afghanistan
- 24 Community Social Mobilizer jobs by ORCD in Baghlan, Balkh, Jawzjan, and Takhar provinces of Afghanistan
- 24 Social Mobilizer positions in Afghanistan’s Baghlan, Balkh, Jawzjan, and Takhar provinces
- 148 community health promoters jobs in Afghanistan provinces