Opportunity ID 193689
No. of Opportunity 74
Organization for Research & Community Development (ORCD) is hiring 74 Midwife Nurses who can work in any of Afghanistan’s 34 provinces. Interested & eligible applicants can read the details and apply accordingly.
To deploy Mobile Health & Nutrition Services (MHNT) in all provinces sponsored by UNICEF, ORCD is looking for qualified individuals.
About Organization for Research & Community Development (ORCD):
Organization for Research & Community Development (ORCD) is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit and independent organization founded in 2010 by a group of community development and research professionals aiming to contribute to the development of Afghanistan as an integral part of the international community.
- Position Title: Midwife Nurse
- Organized by: Organization for Research & Community Development (ORCD)
- Deadline: September 30, 2022
- Nationality: Afghan
- Job Location: 34 provinces of Afghanistan
- Cities: All cities
- Category: Health Care
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary: As per the ORCD salary scale
- Vacancy Number: ORCD-070-2022
- No. Of Jobs: 74
- Years of Experience: Having experience as Midwife Nurse in NGO or INGO for 2-3 years.
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility Extension
- Gender: Female
- Education: Graduated from a recognized Nursing Institute.
- Act by ORCD policy.
- Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) & nutrition for mothers counseling for all moms with an emphasis on lactating women and pregnant mothers.
- Providing pregnant and nursing moms of children receiving nutrition programs with nutrition education.
- Delivering to the mothers of U2 children specialized IYCF counseling
- Discuss in a focus group between moms of well-fed children and those underfed.
- Meet with local elders to educate and sensitize the community.
- Organizing community demonstrations of food.
- Providing moms of SAM and MAM infants with specialized advice for appropriate supplemental feeding at various phases of life
- Counseling nursing and pregnant ladies on how to eat more.
- Encourage moms to take iron folic acid (IFA) when pregnant and to breastfeed.
- Assist the nutrition officer in carrying out all other nutrition-related duties, such as monitoring all children under the age of two for growth and screening young children under five for acute malnutrition.
- Maintain confidentiality about matters relating to ORCD; Submit a monthly report to the head of the Mobile Health Nutrition team;
- Complete any tasks assigned by the Project Manager.
- Be Afghan
- Graduated from a reputable nursing school.
- Having two to three years of experience as a midwife nurse in an NGO or INGO
- Speaks Dari and Pashto fluently.
- Capable of working in a busy atmosphere.
- Having two to three years of BPHS/EPHS experience
- Ready to enter the field.
- Cover Letter
- The email’s subject line has to be (Midwife Nurse, VA No: ORCD-070-2022).
Note: If you attach large files or papers of more than 1024 KB, your application will not be considered for shortlisting.
Only those who have been shortlisted will be invited to an interview.
How to Apply?
Afghan individuals who are qualified and interested should send their cover letter and most recent CV to the following email address: