Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 3
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 150499
Applications are now open for the Waislitz Global Citizen Awards for extraordinary efforts and excellence to end extreme poverty. These Awards are annual cash prizes totaling $250,000 that recognize individuals with excellence in their work to finish poverty. Waislitz Foundation and Global Citizen offer three prizes at $100,000 for the Grand one and two additional prizes at $75,000 each. The leading, supporting body behind this award is the U.S. and Australian-based cellular medicines company Mesoblast Ltd. and Unico Capital Holdings.
Application Deadline: 31 May 2023 (05:00 pm PST)
Ten Semi-Finalist Notifications: 23 June 2023
Finalists Result Outcome: 18 July 2023
Awarding Organizations: Waislitz Foundation and Global Citizen
Sponsored by: Mesoblast Ltd and Unico Capital Holdings
Number of Awards: 3
Application Language: English
Eligible Countries: All
The Waislitz Foundation and Global Citizen will present the winners with three cash prizes worth $250,000. The grand prize is $100,000 plus two additional prizes of $75,000 each.
- Waislitz Global Citizen Award (Grand Prize): $100,000
- The Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award: $75,000
- Choice Award of the Waislitz Global Citizens: $75,000
- In addition to the above cash prizes, the organizers will feature the winners on the Global Citizen Platform and social media and its editorial pieces.
Who Is Eligible for the Waislitz Global Citizen Awards?
Applicants who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for this award program:
- Anybody at least 18 years or older who meets the award conditions can apply from anywhere in the world.
- The award is for individuals, but individual representatives of the organization can also apply.
- Nomination for the awards is not acceptable, and applicants should apply themselves.
Evaluation Criteria of Waislitz Global Citizen Awards
The judging panel will assess all applicants based on individual excellence, including the following five key areas:
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: How does the applicant embody and demonstrate the values and practices of a Global Citizen?
- PROOF OF CONCEPT: Does the applicant have a rigorous proof of concept with at least 1-2 years of effect toward removing extreme poverty?
- DISRUPTION: Has the applicant generated a measurable impact in a creative way that disrupts the systems that allow for extreme poverty to sustain?
- SCALABILITY: How would this award support the applicant to scale or enhance their work?
- ADAPTABILITY: Can the applicant show instances of their ability to adjust to and evolve to changing conditions?
- Any applicant who meets the five criteria listed above will win the grand prize (Waislitz Global Citizen Award).
- The individual who outperforms in the “Disruption” criteria will win the Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award.
- The candidates who get the most public vote from the Global Citizen community will receive the Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award.
How to Apply for the Waislitz Global Citizen Awards?
Eligible applicants can apply online by entering the link below. Please check this opportunity’s requirements before applying.
For more information about the awards and to help apply more strongly, please refer to the Official Awards Announcement to read the FAQs and Terms & Conditions.
Check More Awards:
World Trade Organization Essay Award for Young Economists, 2023
Chair in Emerging Technologies Award from the Royal Academy of Engineering, UK (£2.5 Millions)
James Dyson Award for Engineering Students and Recent Graduates (€34,000)
IDEA- International Distinction in Education Award at the University of Iowa, USA
Think Big Undergraduate Award 2023 at the University of Bristol (All Fields)