Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 4 Months
Language of Instruction English
Applications are currently open for the UNICEF 2021 Visual Design Internship Position (Virtual). The host office of this internship is the UNESCO Office of Innovation. So, if you are interested in interning with UNICEF in the field of design, this is a great opportunity for you to apply. Moreover, this internship program will support the work of the design team at the Office of Innovation, work closely with the UX/UI Specialist, and will work on a chain of projects that are going on.
Deadline: 28 April 2021 EDT
Duration: May-August 2021 (full-time)
Workplace: Online (remote)
Job No: 539480
Type of contract: Internship
The interns will receive a monthly stipend if they are not already receiving support from the internship from a third party.
Duties and responsibilities
The incumbent/intern will:
- Work closely with our UX/UI Specialist and do a supportive role between the Design, Innovation Fund and Blockchain Teams
- Produce and validate wireframes and high-fidelity mockups for web-based interfaces, as needed while making sure that branding and technical guidelines are across the various mediums.
- Prepare visual assets i.e. social media posts or banners and for the digital products and initiatives.
- Make visual assets like tables and iconography for the digital products at the Office of Innovation.
To qualify for the position, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Be studying for a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in graphic design, communication design, visual design, interaction design or other pertinent discipline or have completed a degree within the last two years.
- Applicants’ age must be at least 18.
- Have proficiency in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages: English, French or Spanish. Fluency in the working language of the host office is compulsory.
- Have outstanding academic performance as exemplified by recent university or institution records.
- Don’t have any direct relatives working in any UNICEF office; and have no other relatives in the line of decision making to which the intern would be reporting to.
- At least 6 months of pertinent professional design experience.
- Cutting-edge knowledge of Adobe CC software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) and elementary knowledge of interface design tools like Sketch.
- Experience in creating user requirements, personas, storyboards, journey maps, and use case scenarios is a plus.
- Working experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with CMS platforms (WordPress, Drupal), and email marketing platforms (MailChimp etc.) is an advantage.
- Robust information design experience is a benefit.
- Working-level understanding of design systems and front-end architecture is a benefit too.
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Understanding of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish) or a local language is desirable.
Importantly, UNICEF is seeking a proficient self-motivated visual designer who:
- Can keep robust design sensibilities even under tight time restraints;
- Can work with various interdisciplinary teams to make a plan of action to best convey ideas visually and who can sustain clarity in their operation while managing and prioritizing several projects at once.
How to apply for the internship?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship using the link below and following the instructions.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive a call to move on to the next stages of the selection process.
Visit the Source Link on the website of UNICEF for more information.