Opportunity ID 145633
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 4 months
Language of Instruction English
Applications are currently open for the UNICEF internship program for Multiple Indicator Cluster Surveys (MICS), Data & Analytics Section, DAPM, New York Headquarters.
Under the instruction and mentorship of the Statistics Specialist, the intern will help the Global MICS Team in the Data Collection Unit of DAPM’s Data and Analytics Section. The aim of the internship is to collect geospatial data for MICS surveys whose new round is going to be launched in 2022.
The Multiple Indicator Cluster Surveys (MICS) is an international household survey program devised and supported by UNICEF. MICS is designed to gather estimates of important indicators that are used to evaluate the situation of children and women.
Deadline: 29 April 2021 11:55 PM
Duration: June-Sept (full-time)
Location: United States
Job No: 539688
Type of contract: Internship
Duties and responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Supporting tool and process development in regard to geospatial data gathering and anonymization.
- Performing data archive reviews to make a complete list of current geospatial data availability for completed surveys.
- Testing and determining data quality and information gaps on current geospatial data.
- Creating simple geospatial analysis on present data for advocacy use.
- Revising and conducting painstaking searches for missing data.
- Counseling with other members of the Global Team and attending internal meetings as necessary.
- Assisting with the accomplishment of extra tasks as mandatory.
An eligible applicant should meet the following requirements:
- Be currently pursuing a degree in a university or a graduate school, or have graduated within the past two years. Some specialization in GIS is a strong benefit.
- Hold experience with and/or knowledge of household surveys. Geospatial work in this aspect is a huge advantage.
- Have strong command (written and spoken) of English. Knowledge of other official UN languages, particularly Arabic, French, Russian or Spanish is an advantage.
- Have tremendous knowledge of MS Office.
Also, apply to similar internships:
- Visual Design Internship by UNICEF (Virtual) -Monthly Stipend Provided
- UNICEF Internship at Program Division (PD), Nutrition Section, Virtual ($1700 Monthly Salary)
- UNICEF Internship for Humanitarian Field Support Section, Virtual (Monthly Salary Paid)
Note: UNICEF values diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and welcomes all candidates, regardless of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including individuals with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
How to apply?
Interested applicants can apply online for the internship using the link below.
Only those shortlisted will receive a call to proceed to the next stages of the selection process.
Visit the Source Link on the website of UNICEF for more information about the internship as well as MICS.