Opportunity ID 10674
The Amgen Scholars program, established in the US in 2006, in Europe in 2008 and in Japan at the Tokyo and Kyoto University in 2015. The program provided undertake scientific research projects at many of the global leading institutions.
Now, the UTokyo Amgen Scholars program is going to take place on 9 June to 8 August 2020 in Japan and Singapore. And aims to equipped with short term biomedical research experiences in the basic and translational sciences, the undergraduate applicants from developed and developing countries including Afghanistan who are conducting a career in Biology or relevant sciences, and looking to follow to graduate studies, with the supervising of different faculty members. In addition, the full scholarship, international networking, experience in various areas, also available during this entire duration program.
Details of the UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program:
- Deadline: 3 February 2020
- Result announcement: Mid-March 2020
- Arriving date in Tokyo: 8 June 2020
- Program date: 9 June 2020
- The program last date: 3 August 2020
- Moving to Singapore: 4/5 August 2020
- Singapore program date: 6-8 August 2020
Number of the scholars: 15 students
Benefits of the program:
- 250,000 JPY stipend (the participants can use the payment for his/her personal trips through Japan and so on, budget and food).
- Traveling expenses (airline tickets for flights, or round-trip train tickets for domestic students. If the students change the schedule for personal reasons, they must pay the original booked flights cost.)
Note: health and private travel expenses must be provided by the participants.
- Visiting the biomedical research schools and institutes.
- Information sessions on how to filling applications and applying to the Graduate schools at UTokyo.
- Workshops and luncheons for discussions and networking.
- Will access to the UTokyo campus materials and facilities like library, health care center and gymnasium.
- Cultural events of Japan
- 1000 Scholarships in Germany by Heinrich Böll Foundation
- Undergraduate scholarship at Al-Bukhari University in Malaysia
- Fully-funded Olive Fellowship at University of California Berkeley
- Applicants required to register for a degree that at least award a bachelor’s degree.
- Or applicants must have finished their first year of university or college at the time of this program
- Must not be gradated before or after this summer program. will resume their studies for 1 semester or 1 quarter.
- Applicants must have good academic achievement.
- English proficiency certificate for non-native English speakers: TOEFL iBT 72, IELTS 5.5, Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC score 1095, TOEIC L&R score 785, or TOEIC S&W score 310.
- Must be interested to pursue a PhD
- Applicants required to participate in the program for its entire duration. (applicants are not allowed to attend any course of the job during the program.
- Be able to live in the accommodation provided by UTokyo.
- Be able to join in full-day life the research group, respected all the research group members, participating in the laboratory meetings or other programs.
- Have the ability to participate in all scheduled conferences, workshops, training, social activities and events.
- Be able to present their summer research project.
- At the end of the program, applicants are required to submit a research paper to the UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program Director.
- Photo as the same passport size photo, 45 x 35 mm and in jpeg format.
- The first page of applicant’s passport of Identity Card
- Curriculum vitae with a cover letter in the Word Format, download the provided CV form from here.
- Official academic transcript in English and in the PDF format
- The questionnaire must be completed and save in Excel format.
- English proficiency document in PDF format.
- those applicants who are the non-native speaker and completed or studying their degree in English, they are required to submit a valid proficiency test scores or letters.
- The TOEFL ITP is not acceptable.
- Agreement application from. Download and complete the form
- Two-letter of recommendation. (one of the recommenders should be your current university instructor that knows your academic background, performances, and your motivation for participating in this program.
Note: Please share the recommendation instruction with your references.
- The size of your documents must not be more than 2MB.
How to apply:
Each host country/university has a different application process, please check the official website of the program to access the application form.
For further details, please visit the program website