Opportunity ID 7356
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Students who are interested to pursue their doctoral degree in a developing country, or their home country and have high motivation and background in Mathematics, and are able to do the research and teaching of mathematics, students with a high record of GPA, a profession in mathematics, are highly encouraged to apply to the Fully funded fellowship provided by the World Academy of Science (TWAS) and International Mathematics Union (IMU).
- International Mathematics Union (IMU)
Host country: All developing countries Eligible countries: all developing countries
Level: Ph.D. Duration: 4 years
Minimum degree required: MSc Field of study: 08-Mathematical Science
Limited grants: 10000$ per year Deadline: 31 May 2022
Partner organization: International Mathematical Union
Grants can cover the following expenses:
- Tuition fee
- Accommodation expenses
- Traveling cost
- Living expenses based on the cost of the living of the country in which the students want to do their doctoral degree
- Professional Mathematician with superannuated, but continue to mentor young students
- The students must be from one of developing countries see the list of developing countries
- Students must have the pre acceptation of joining for the doctoral program of the first academic year in one of the eligible countries.
Note: the applicants can not nominate themselves and must be nominated by a professional mathematicians.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China (excluding Hong Kong and Macao), Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, D.P.R. of Korea, D.R. of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s DR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia (FS of), Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, State of Palestine, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, TFYR of Macedonia, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, U.R. of Tanzania: Mainland, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Yemen, Zambia, Zanzibar, Zimbabwe
- Statement from nominator
- Acceptance letter
- The budget of total expenses requested
- Ph.D. Supervisor CV
- Student’s CV
- Research proposal
- Two recommendation letter from student’s nominator
- Diploma and transcript of Bachelor degree and Master degree
- Motivation letter
- Future plans
- Nominator declaration
- Student declaration
Note: all of your document must be in English
Obligations of the awardees:
- The awardees of the fellowship and their research supervisors will be asked to submit an annual report to IMU
- The students must submit their approved thesis of their Ph.D. and final report on the work carried out to IMU.
How to apply:
- Nominate eligible students via online application in the IMU website linked below.
- Fill the online application form and submit.
- Preference will be given to the female students
for more details please visit the official website of IMU or TWAS.
You may visit similar Opportunities: