Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSCambridge qualification
Fields of study Various
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 81105
Applications are now open for the Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) Justus & Louise Van Effen Excellence Scholarships 2023/24 in the Netherlands. The university offers fully-funded master’s scholarships to outstanding international students from any part of the world and from any nationality. Therefore, students who want to study for free in the Netherlands are encouraged to apply and study at the prestigious Delft University of Technology. All TU Delft Degree Programs are English-medium; therefore, applicants have to demonstrate strong English proficiency.
- Application deadline: December 1, 2022 (11:59 EST) (Afghanistan Time: 09:29:59 PM)
- University: Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
- Degree Level: Masters (MSc)
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Number of scholarships: 2-3 per faculty
- Application Fee: €100
Fields of study: Almost all fields are available
Here is a list of fields of study on offer:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Architecture, Urbanism and Building Sciences
- Computer Science
- Design for Interaction
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Environmental Engineering
- Integrated Product Design
- Management of Technology
- Strategic Product Design
- Sustainable Energy Technology.
Scholarship Coverage and benefits
The TU Delft Scholarship includes the following benefits:
- Full Tuition fees
- Expenses for living
- Candidates will have the opportunity to participate in educational activities.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on merit.
International candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- You must be an outstanding international applicant who has been admitted (conditionally) to one of the two-year regular TU Delft MSc programs (not a Joint Education Program).
- On a scale of 100, you must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80% or higher.
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an internationally renowned university outside of the Netherlands.
- Have your MSc application completed before the scholarship deadline.
English Language Proficiency:
All TU Delft MSc programs are taught in English. So, to qualify for an MSc program, you must demonstrate your English competency to be at an adequate level.
The following English language certificates and corresponding scores are accepted*:
- A TOEFL iBT with an overall score of at least 90 and a minimum score of 21 for each section (the required scores should be attained in one single test).
- An IELTS (academic version) with a total Band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
- A Cambridge Assessment English. Only the following certificates are acceptable:
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English) with a total score of 176 and a minimum of 169 for each section.
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English) with a total score of 180 and a minimum of 169 for each section
Admission Required Documents:
- Application form
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate/Diploma (original or certified copy)
- Academic Transcripts (both of these in English)
- Motivation Letter
- Reference Letters (if applicable), two in number
- Updated Resume/CV
- Portfolio (if applicable)
- English Language Proficiency Certificate (as described above)
- Proof of Identity (passport_ a copy of information page and each stamped page)
- And, GRE (If Applicable) for some courses.
How to apply?
- Send in your MSc application (check the admission requirements)
- Completing and submitting the Scholarship Application Form
- Include two letters of recommendation.
- If necessary, you can upload your reference letters as a single PDF document during your MSc application.
- You can request reference letters from your referees (s). Fill in your referee’s information and invite them by clicking the ‘send invitation button.’ The referee(s) will receive an email automatically inviting them to upload a reference for you.
- You can combine the two methods. One upload, for example, and one referee request.
- Reference letters will not be considered if you have already submitted your application.
- Reference letters will not be accepted after the Scholarship deadline.
- Send in your English language certification. Please keep in mind that non-EU/EFTA students are required to submit an English test with their application (if required).
Note: The MSc Application must be submitted with all necessary documentation for the scholarship. After submission, additional documents cannot be submitted.
Notification of Result:
Only students who succeed in securing a scholarship will be informed by TU Delft by the end of March 2023.
For more information about TU Delft Excellence MSc Scholarship, please refer to Delft University of Technology’s website.
You may also like these opportunities:
- ENS Bachelor & Master Scholarship in France
- Cambridge University MBA Scholarship 2023 by Boustany Foundation
- Pakistan 4500 Scholarships for Afghanistan (3rd phase of Allama Iqbal Scholarships)
- 2022 ‘Honjo International Scholarship Foundation’ Scholarships – Japan
- Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) Research Internship Program in Japan
- Korea Development Institute (KDI) Master Degree and PhD Scholarships 2023