Opportunity ID 7139
No. of Opportunity 70
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 Years
Language of Instruction English
Canada Government offers Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships for national and international students. Applicants interested in pursuing their postdoctoral program in Canada can apply the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships. The fellowship is available for national and international students to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral to develop their leadership potential and place them as research leaders of tomorrow.
Details of program
Fellowship Location: Canada
Administrating organization: The Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR)
Level of study: Postdoctoral
Number of fellowships annually: 70
Application Deadline: September 20, 2023 (20:00 pm EDT)
Evaluation of applications: October to December 2023
Result notification: Mid February 2024
Payments begin: April to October 2024
The fellowship provides funding of $70,000 (taxable) for two years. The fellowship is only for two years, not renewable. No other financing is available for travel or research.
Who can apply?
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Non-Canadian citizens and those who do not hold Canda permanent residency can apply for this fellowship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada who have obtained their Ph.D. from a foreign university, and non-Canadian citizens may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian Institution.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada who obtained their Ph.D. from an institution within Canada, may hold their Banting Postdoctoral fellowship either inside or outside of Canada.
- Have obtained degree requirement between September 15, 2020, and September 30, 2024.
Note: Applicants who do not meet the eligibility requirements for their degree during the application can submit proof by the Application deadline.
How to apply?
Applicants should read the application guide and follow the steps below:
- Confirm they meet the eligibility requirements
- contact their desired Host institution/ Supervisor
- Register for Canadian Common CV and ReearchNET accounts using the following link:
- ResearchNet account – a web-based application tool and funding opportunity/decision database that is used by the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program
- CIHR PIN – unique personal identifier required to apply for this program
- CCV account – a web-based tool that allows you to manage your CV data in a single repository and generate CVs as needed for all member organizations.
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Self-Identification Questionnaire
- Create CCV and link to reearchNET application
- Identify the area of research
- Fill your detailis
- Attach your research contributions such as publications, artistic contributions, presentations, interviews and media relations, Intellectual property.
- Attach evidence of leadership contributions such as teaching, supervisory, administrative, advisory, assessment and review, participation, community and volunteer, knowledge and technology transition, international collaboration, committee memberships.
- Fulfill degree
For further details, please visit the Banting Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship website.
Check More Fellowships: