Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 4 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 4828
About the award
A*STAR Graduate Academy is offering Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) scholarships to enable young and talented applicants to study their advanced level of studies (Ph.D.) at some Singaporian leading universities so that they be able to advance their profession in different areas of their careers. These scholarships are awarded by Agency for Science Technology and Research (A*STAR) in collaboration with the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
Details of SINGA
- Location: Singapore
- Deadline for August Intake: December 1, 2022
- Level of study: PhD
- Duration: 4 years
- Medium of instruction: English
- Nanyan Technological University (NTU)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Singapore Management University (SMU)
Research area with (SINGA):
- Biomedical Sciences
- Computing & information sciences
- Engineering & Technology
- Physical Science
The scholarship covers the following items during the full period of Ph.D. studies (4 years):
- Full tuition fees
- S$ 2200 monthly allowance that will be increased to S$2700, after Qualifying Examination passing.
- S$1500 for one-time airfare
- S$1000 for one-time settling-in
- Work environment:
- Multicultural and academically stimulating
- World-renowned Researchers in state-of-the-art-facilities
Note: Total living expenses in Singapore will be between S$ 1400- 2000.
Who is qualified?
Applicants who meet the following requirements can apply:
- All international graduates with a research passion and surpassing academic result
- English skills (Good spoken and written)
- Academic references should be attached
- Other requirements (may be included by the organizer “if required”)
Application required documents
- Valid passport
- Photo, passport-size ( jpeg/png format)
- Academic transcripts and reports in English.
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree transcripts and diplomas/certificates- If the diploma has not been awarded yet.
- 2 recommendation letters are required (submitted by referees online).
- Applicants applying to NUS supervisors/projects must include their GRE scores in their SINGA application form.
- For all other applicants, the institution may request that you submit appropriate GRE scores as part of the university admission criteria.
Optional documents :
- GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, I, II/GAT certificates (may be requested later by the university for admission)
How to apply?
Apply online and submit your documents online considering the points below:
- Make sure you provide the exact information in the registration form.
- Make sure you apply for the correct (SINGA) scholarship while choosing.
- Do not mail any hard copy of your documents to the SINGA Office.
- Apply as soon as you can and allow your recommenders to submit the recommendations before the deadline.
Notification to shortlisted candidates will be sent within 12 weeks after the closing date.
To learn more about Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA), refer to Agency for Science, Technology and Research’s website.
You may also like these opportunities:
- Kotzen Scholarship at Simmons University in USA
- 2023 Global Scholarship Competition at HSE University in Russia
- Higher School of Economics full tuition fee Scholarship (RUSSIA)
- 2022 GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security
- “Child Protection for Teachers” Free Online Course by Queensland University of Technology