Opportunity ID 209590
No. of Opportunity 5
Fields of study Sustainable Development
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 4 Weeks (
Language of Instruction English
GreenDeal-Net calls for applications for the 2023-24 Short-Term Research Fellowships in Europe. Early career scholars, Postdoctoral researchers, and Ph.D. students specializing in climate and sustainability policy and governance studies can apply for a grant worldwide. They can benefit from a short-term research visit to some of Europe’s top universities.
This Fellowship program aims to support early-career researchers in raising their research skills and solidification of their academic networks. The Short-Term Research Fellowships mainly target researchers on related topics to the European Green Deal and its governance challenges.
By participating in the Fellowship, researchers will join a growing network of researchers and academics. Fellows will also contribute to the exchange of knowledge and the cross-fertilization of ideas.
A Fellow will spend a maximum of four weeks working on their research project at a partner research institute or university. Moreover, they will gather data, experience a particular research method, and connect with other scholars and research communities.
The Short-Term Research Fellowships is part of “The European Green Deal that aimed Govern the European Union’s Transition towards Climate Neutrality and Sustainability.”
Selected researchers for this Fellowship should meaningfully contribute to the Network with their research productivity. GreenDeal-Net will fund between three and five researchers.
Background of the GreenDeal-NET
GreenDeal-NET is a Jean Monnet Network under the European Union’s Erasmus+ program. This Network provides a platform for collaboration on teaching, research, debate, and knowledge exchange in European climate and sustainability governance.
The main objective of the GreenDeal-NET is to advance academic research and teaching on the European Union’s transition towards climate neutrality. Moreover, its next aim is to engage policymakers, scholars, and the broader public on these issues.
Important Dates and Details
Application Deadline: 14 April 2023 (23:59 CET)
Selection Results: 26 May 2023
Mobility Period: June 2023 – February 2024
Fellowship Location: Europe
Fellowship Duration: 4 Weeks (28 Days)
Eligible Country: All
Number of Opportunity: 3 to 5 Researchers
Target Groups: Early career scholars, postdoctoral researchers, and Ph.D. students
Focus Area: Sustaibilibity
Benefits and Conditions of the Short-Term Research Fellowships
GreenDeal-NET offers this opportunity to the successful applicant(s), and the fellowship conditions are as follows:
- Each fellow will receive a grant of up to 800 EUR to cover expenses during their stay, travel, and accommodation.
- Researchers can decide to conduct the research visit at one of the 12 European Universities that are a member of the GreenDeal-NET Network or at another research or academic institution associated with the project.
- Each researcher can only obtain one Fellowship.
- The maximum length of the research visit is up to 4 weeks (28 days).
- Proof of expenses will be mandatory to receive the grant.
- The researcher must submit a short activity report explaining the output of their research stays at the end of the visit.
Who Can Apply?
Early-career researchers from worldwide are eligible to apply if they:
- Are working on topics connected to the European Green Deal
- Furthermore, the complex governance challenges it poses.
How to Apply for the Short-Term Research Fellowships?
The application procedure for this Fellowship is online, and applicants can start applying by following these steps and instructions:
- Fill in the application form provided (in English)
- Include a motivation letter for conducting a research visit at one of the universities/research centers.
- Add an updated two pages CV, including references to any publications, if applicable).
- Prepare and submit both in a single PDF file to the submission email below with the subject line: “Short-Term Research Visit Application.”
Check More Opportunities