Opportunity ID 10310
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 9 Months
Language of Instruction English
Are you interested in gaining a fellowship opportunity in Japan? If yes, apply today for the Awaji Youth Federation Fellowship Program. Awaji Youth Federation (AYF) Fellowship is a 9-month live-in working program on Awaji Island, Japan. The AYF Fellowship comprises three components that link to and support one another: Self-Development and Mentoring, Project Ideation and Project work, and Event Creation. The program allows the Fellows to challenge themselves and improve their individual skills in a multicultural environment.
Awaji Youth Federation (AYF) works as an umbrella of the Pasona Group towards sustainable solutions for society’s challenges and crises. AYF Fellows have a golden chance to implement their unique global perspective to a highly localized regional community on Awaji Island in Japan.
Reflecting AYF’s overall mission, the federation has selected three main themes for this year’s Fellowship activity as follows:
- Leadership and Project Management
- Innovation and Intrapreneurship
- PR and Marketing
Important Dates and Details
Application Deadline: 31 May 2023
Zoom Interviews: Jun-July 2023
Confirmation of Enrolment and Visa: July-August 2023
Fellowship Start: September 2023
Host Institution: Pasona Group Inc
Opportunity Type: Paid
Eligible Country: All
Benefits of Awaji Youth Federation Fellowship
Awaji Youth Federation Fellowship Program is paid opportunity with the following benefits:
- Monthly Salary of JPY 197,000, including base salary and overtime
- Individual room in Japanese or Western style
- Utility costs, including electricity and Wi-Fi.
- Meals for Working Days only, the rests days fellows are responsible for their meal.
- Opportunity to online study of Japanese language on a discounted fee basis,
- Fellows who successfully showcase their skills and contribution to the development of Awaji Island have a chance to stay on Awaji Island after the Fellowship to keep working on new initiatives.
- Regular career counseling sessions to assist Fellows in achieving their goals.
- Each Fellow will join a dedicated Mentor from the AYF Secretariat staff who are AYF Alumni for personal guidance throughout the year.
Note: Fellows should pay their travel costs to and from Japan.
Requirements for Awaji Youth Federation Fellowship
To apply for this AYF Fellowship, fellows should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicant should be between the age of 24-30.
- Graduated with a bachelor’s or master’s Degree.
- English language proficiency of TOEIC 800 or equivalent for non-native speakers
- Japanese language skills of JLPT N1-N3is
- Commitment to solving society’s problems and contributing to AYF projects.
- Value hard work, discipline, and care for others.
- Flexible, resilience, and perseverance
- The ability to translate ideas into concrete action.
- A track record of activity in the AYF Global Community and its membership is preferable.
AYF Fellowship Projects
Project work will broadly cover, but is not limited to, the following:
- AYF Academy: Providing training and skills development for outside organizations
- Regional Recovery of Awaji Island: This project includes involvement in specific Pasona Group projects, and fellows will work on activities as directed.
- AYF Global: Project toward developing networks and content for the AYF online platform.
- New Initiatives: Working toward implementation and improvement of new AYF Projects.
How to Apply?
The application procedure for Awaji Youth Federation Fellowship is entirely online. Please enter the link below to start registering for AYF Fellowship.
Please find more details about the Awaji Youth Federation Fellowship on the website of the Awaji Youth Federation.
Several More Opportunities: