Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 5962
Application for the World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP) is open Now for developing countries researchers. This World Bank Fellowship matches development economics researchers with World Bank research economists, helping fellows to participate in rigorous policy-relevant research in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC).
The World Bank will host fellows in Washington, D.C., for eight months, starting in September and ending in May each year. The fellows will work under the supervision of researchers in the World Bank’s Development Impact Evaluation (DIME) and Development Research Group departments. Moreover, they are engaging in high-quality and policy-relevant research projects.
Details of the World Bank Robert Fellowships Program
Application Deadline: 03 April 2023 (11:59 pm ET)
Program Duration: 8 months (September to May)
Funding Type: Partially Funded
Eligible Countries: WBG member countries
Field of Study: Policy Making
Content of the World Bank Robert Fellowships Program
This fellowship program consists of the following components and contents:
- Training and professional experience: Fellows will work on the World Bank Projects under the direct supervision of WB DEC researchers. They will receive cutting-edge training.
- Capacity building: Fellows will receive a one-week technical onboarding that includes training on reproducible research practices. They will be able to work with WBG economists, build skills and advance their skills in identifying, studying, and writing about important development pilot questions.
- Research Blog Writing: Participants should write a blog based on their fellowship research. The organizer will publish four top blogs on the Let’s Talk Development Blog each year.
Benefits of the Fellowship
The world bank fellowships offer the following benefits to successful applicants:
- Eight months research program
- 44,888 USD total compensation to each fellow in monthly instalments.
- G4 Visa assistance
- The fellow is responsible for travel costs.
Partner country and Organizations
The following organizations and countries are jointly offering this Fellowship opportunity:
- World Bank
- Government Bangladesh
- Government of China
Who Can Apply to World Bank Robert Fellowships Program?
The applicant should meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of a World Bank member country. Preference goes to the nationals of developing countries.
- Should be fluent in English.
- Be graduates of master’s level studies or currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Economics or a relevant field.
- Should not be more than 35 years of age (by 30 June 2023);
- Commit to relocating to Washington, D.C., for the duration of the fellowship.
Applicants who wish to apply for this fellowship must submit the following documents:
- Updated CV
- One statement of purpose describing the applicant’s research interests and professional objectives and discussing their qualifications as development researchers.
- Contact details of a reference who can provide a letter of recommendation.
- One writing sample (optional)
- Statistical software code sample (optional)
Note: All applicants should remember that the fellowships are available based on application materials, skills in required statistical software, and knowledge of appropriate economic methods. The WBG will consider geographical and gender representation.
How to Apply to World Bank Robert Fellowships Program?
Eligible candidates should follow the steps below:
- Prepare their documents.
- Read the complete eligible and guidelines that will be available here at the time of the application period.
- Apply online by entering the link below.
For more information, please visit the World Bank Robert S McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP) official website or review the Brochure.
Check More Opportunities:
European Forum Alpbach Scholarship Program 2023
Professional Development Rotary Peace Fellowship
Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships for International Students at McGill University, Canada