Opportunity ID 24183
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Partially FundedSelf Funded
Language of Instruction English
The risk and return free online course provides the lectures related to estimate the expected return of equity debt. Moreover, participants will learn about the estimate the weighted average cost of capital (WACC). The following, the risk and return online course will determine the assessment of the risk of financial assets and how to measure risk to calculate expected returns. Additionally, the course will cover the lessons capital structure of a firm affects the riskiness of its equity and debt. Finally, the lectures will be related to constructing excel models to value firms using hands-on activities. This course is allocated for students who are studying or studied in the field of finance. So, applicants who are willing to improve their skills in a related area can apply.
- Duration: 4 weeks (3-4 hours weekly) Program developer: Columbia University
- Course organizer: edX Level of study: Introductory
- Instruction language: English Video transcript: English
- Type of course: Self-paced Certificate costs: 225 USD dollars (optional)
- Field of study: Business & Management
- Course instructor: Daniel Wolfenzon, finance and economics professor at Columbia University
- Course Start Date: Available Now
- Free access to this will expire on: October 29, 2022
What will you learn?
During the course participants will learn about the following issues:
- How to Assess Risk
- How to estimate the asset return based on its risk
- Risk adjustment of equity and substantial debt when the firm changes its capital structure.
- Weighted average cost calculation of capital.
- First week: The course focuses is on risk-return and capital asset pricing model.
- Second week: The second lesson’s focus is on the weight average cost of capital and the impact of capital structure on AWCC.
- Third week: Tn the third week, the lesson’s focus will be on the case study, estimating the AWCC.
- Fourth week: The fourth week will cover the valuation capstone case.
How to apply?
Interested participants can apply online
For further information about Risk and Return Free online course, please refer to edX’s website.
You may also like these opportunities:
- MA in Policy Economics program at the Williams College for Developing Countries
- UCI Free Online Course on Effective Problem-Solving & Decision-Making
- Global Landscape Forum Climate Photo Competition 2022
- International Leadership Program of Hansen Leadership Institute for US and NON US citizens
- Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($ 10,000 prize)