Opportunity ID 6018
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Language of Instruction English
If you are a professional photographer, or enthusiastic in photography, you can apply to Global Landscapes Forum photo competition and win great prizes.
Every photograph tells a story, and Global Landscape Forum wants to see yours. The Global Landscapes Forum Climate Photo Competition 2022 is now accepting applications. They’d love to see your perspective on the effects of climate change, as well as how they might combat it, whether you’re a professional or an amateur, nature or urban photographer.
Send them your best photos of how the climate crisis is affecting your landscape – or how your community is coping with it. They want the world to see stories of drought, floods, and other climate disasters, as well as how people are taking action to reverse increasing temperatures.
- Organized by: Global Landscapes Forum
- Deadline: October 16, 2022
- Finalists Announcement: October 26, 2022
- Winner announcement: 11 November at GLF Climate 2022 alongside COP27 in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
What are the prizes?
- Cash awards of USD 400 for first place, USD 300 for second place, and USD 200 for third place (popular vote).
- A spread and interview in Landscape News.
- A presentation at the GLF Climate 2022 Art Gallery.
- The GLF Climate Photo Competition is open to anybody over the age of 18, whether they are amateur or professional photographers.
- Photos from any country are welcome.
- By submitting the photo, the participant certifies that they have followed the rules and agree to the terms of the competition.
- Photos that have already won other photographic competitions will be disqualified.
- Each photograph is considered a separate entry, but you may submit numerous entries.
- The photo’s title, the contributor’s name and contact information, including email address and social media accounts (if applicable), a caption detailing the subject and location, and a short description of the narrative behind the photograph must all be included in the submitted file.
- Participants must own the entire copyright to the images they submit. Participants will be presumed to have agreed to accept the contest rules and terms and conditions by submitting their entries.
A panel of judges chosen by the GLF will assess all entries and choose at least 25 images from all eligible contributions submitted during the competition period. The following criteria will be used to choose finalists:
- 30% creativity
- 30% photography quality
- 30% composition
- 10% execution of theme
The GLF will make the finalist entries available on its web channels. The panel of judges will select the first and second prize winners from the finalist entries, and the public will be encouraged to vote for their favorite entry online. The photo with the most votes will win the ‘popular vote’ award (3rd place).
How to apply?
Applicants can submit their photo online.
In mid-October, the GLF team will send an email to all finalists. They will be asked to send a short video statement about their photograph and work. On November 11, the top videos will be displayed in their art exhibition at GLF Climate 2022.
For more details please visit Global Landscape Forum Photo Competition’s website.
You may also be eligible for these opportunities:
- International Leadership Program of Hansen Leadership Institute for US and NON US citizens
- Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($ 10,000 prize)
- 200 Global Korea Scholarships for 2023 [Undergraduate – Associate – Fully funded]
- Halcyon Incubator Residential Spring Fellowship for Early-Stage Social Entrepreneurs
- Leadership in 21st Century free online course